roberto duran vs julian jackson 154 pounds

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Carlos Primera, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Carlos Primera

Carlos Primera Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 8, 2007
    this matchup popped in my head after the jackson-trinidad at 154 fight thread. how do you think this plays out? jackson was a devastating one punch KO monster at this weight. on the other hand, duran gave one of the greatest performances of his career against davey moore in this weight. imo duran ko 8 after a working the body all night, he might get dropped but takes it and recovers well. duran had an iron chin taking a lot of heavy blows against iran barkley, not to mention very tricky head movement, underated defense and was one of the best body punchers i've ever seen, his power though severly depleted from his light weight days could still stop people through accumulation.

2. Shake

Shake Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2007
    Jackson blasts him out within four rounds. Duran is my favorite fighter of all-time, but Jackson is about the hardest puncher there is and Duran's way out of his weight.

3. Sister Sledge

Sister Sledge Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Duran would try valiantly, but there is just too much of a power difference for Duran to cope with. Jackson by mid rounds kayo.

4. jackiebrown

jackiebrown Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2007
    jackson with that crazy fire power

5. TIGEREDGE

TIGEREDGE Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    50-50 fight
    ROBERTO COULD WIN. People are thinking about the hearns fight but JACKSON DOES NOT HAVE THE HEIGHT and reach OF THOMAS HEARNS

Duran could be just too smart for him but THE HAWK was pretty good technically

6. Carlos Primera

Carlos Primera Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 8, 2007
    ok jackson leading so far. my duran bias may have gotten the better of me when picking duran, but i just think he had the tools to be competitive against jackson. keep in mind this is'nt the hearns fight as hearns had a massive height, reach, power advantage over duran, while jackson will be more or less his size, and will only edge him in power.

7. Executioner

Executioner Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2006
    A motivated Duran kayo's glass chinned Jackson

8. Andrey

Andrey Active Member Full Member

Aug 15, 2004
    I tooo would say DURAN by KO and I'm about 98 sure it would happen.

Duran's chin is phenomenal. The only fighter to knock him out is Hearns and that was legendary but Duran took Barkley's shots. WHO WAS A HUGE Supermiddle. Duran took Haglers shots, Duran took Cuevas's shots.

NO on knocks Roberto out. Hearns was a freak other then that, Jackson wouldn't stand a chance. Not even punchers chance.

Andrey

9. CASH_718

CASH_718 "You ****ed Healy?" Full Member

Apr 10, 2005
    No 154 pound verison of Duran beats Jackson.

Jackson ain't Davey Moore.

10. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006

Agrees :yep

11. PowerPuncher

PowerPuncher VIP Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Novice Davey Moore isn't in the same league as Jackson

12. PowerPuncher

PowerPuncher VIP Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Glass chinned? He wasn't knocked out by McCallum, he was old when the much bigger McCellan (huge P4P puncher) ko'd him. His chin was much better than Durans at 154

13. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    A motivated/100 percent Duran (of the Davey Moore) fight could very well beat the Hawk, but anything less, and he's in big trouble.

14. Executioner

Executioner Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2006
    yes Glass Chinned , all 6 of his losses are either by TKO or KO. That says a lot.

Duran's chin wa way better than Jackson' at any weight. :deal

Hearns right hand that landed on Duran would have had "The Hawk" on the canvas and having convulsions.

15. Boinko

Boinko Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 2, 2004
    i don't know. That Jackson right hand was one of the nastiest things I've ever seen in boxing. If Duran was KO'd by Hearns, then it's possible he could be KO'd by Jackson.
    Hearns was definitely the more talented fighter but Jackson's right was one of the most lethal punches in the history of the sport.