Roberto Duran vs Oscar Dela Hoya at 147

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by emallini, May 17, 2010.

1. realsoulja

realsoulja Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 23, 2008
  2. sdsfinest22

sdsfinest22 Pound 4 Pound Full Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Man this fight would have been awesome..I think u gotta give the edge to duran...It would be a very close fight though

3. ringsider

ringsider Active Member Full Member

Mar 11, 2009
    The question should be....

What are you taking?

Some pretty good drugs obviously.:huh

4. Sandokan32

Sandokan32 Active Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Duran -in a way- was like the James Toney of today. He didn`t like to train, and depended too much of his undoubtely great skills, experience and the power of his right hand. And after he left 135, his power was nowhere near devastating. Yes, he beat the **** out of Cuevas (Shot) and Davey Moore (only like 14 pro fights or so at the time), and hurt Barkley, but he was not a monster like he was at lw.

The Duran that faced Leonard in Montreal was probably the most motivated, conditioned and focused Duran ever. He could have beaten a lot of ATG welterweights, super welterweights and even middleweights that night.

But we never saw that Duran again. Ever.

At 135, Duran RAPES Oscar.
    At 147, it depends on what Duran shows up. If it`s the Montreal Duran, Manos de Piedra ko`s Oscar in Rnds 11 to 13.
    Oscar has a decent shot at beating Duran at 154 and 160. Oscar was much faster and intelligent than Barkley, and had a great chin too.

5. puertorricane

puertorricane Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 25, 2010
    that's his story and he'll stick to it and all his fans swallow that BS... he ran the whole fight.. if you look at DLH fights before tito he always was agressive and try to knock his opponents out.. but against tito he came to run.. from round 1 he didnt want anything to do with trading punches with tito.. see a guy like mayweather always fights like that but DLH didnt and he changed only for tito cause he was scared... so spare me the last three round **** he knew what he wanted to do from the beginning and that was to stay as far away from tito as posible

:hat

6. Flexb

Flexb Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2009

Amazing that this scared guy running still threw and landed more punches than the guy doing the stalking, pretty interesting.

Oh and that's a new one though -- Oscar ran the entire fight!? LOL wow

7. BigBoiBoricua

BigBoiBoricua Active Member Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    jaja yezir, Im not a boxer but i eat mexican food... Can I be one too???

8. VX.Nefarious

VX.Nefarious Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 14, 2009
    hahah you can eat my Mexican **** and you can be a puto

9. goblin 2

goblin 2 Blue Goblin Alliance Full Member

Feb 21, 2010
  10. puertorricane

puertorricane Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 25, 2010
    requesting gay sex over the internet.. i thought you were a mexican macho.. oh wait.. that's a mexican macho

:hat

11. Gonzarelli

Gonzarelli Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Yup.....FETISH:blood

12. TBomb 25

TBomb 25 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Hearns would punish Duran at any weight,in any era,in any time of day, in the backyard,at the bar,at the grocery store,at the basketball court,at a wedding,at church,its just a bad style match up for Duran period pointblank,and i dont care what the Duran coalition says or what excuses they have.

13. Raider Rudy

Raider Rudy Active Member Full Member

Mar 14, 2008
    Duran by kayo in 6 or less! He is the greatest fighter of all time:bbb

14. TBomb 25

Jul 10, 2009
    Oscar has a great jab and a good leftjab,the 2 kryptanites for Duran he has a very good shot at winning.

15. TBomb 25

Jul 10, 2009
    Hummm......the paramedics didnt think so,that had to resesatate him after that brutal righthand "the hit man" landed on him in Vegas.