Rock vs Iron

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by James Townes, Aug 22, 2015.

1. lbarrow

lbarrow Active Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2004
    To the ones who go for Marciano. I know where your coming from with the whole if you have tons of heart you can get to Tyson as he hasn't but get it straight. This is a 210 to 225 lbs man with lightning hands and very good power who good box better than people think against a 185 to 200 lbs man who just relied on heart and chin and power. Tyson wins inside 4 rounds so no need to check heart. This would be like a quick lightweight going in against a really tough featherweight. Not happening

2. slender4

slender4 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Tyson - Spinks II.

Mike beat the **** out of guys his own size.

3. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Too big an advantage for mortal men yes.

4. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    You forget if Rocky were around today he would be 24Olbs and 6'6", not so much a rock as a mountain!

Think how much faster he is going to be by adding 20/30lbs of muscle to his frame.:patsch

5. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Yes but Rocky had "heart", this is what Tyson pickers fail to see:deal

6. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    This thread comes up every week.

I think it would be a good fight.
    I'd pick Marciano to knock Tyson out early, on the same grounds that people pick Tyson to do so to Marciano ... you can't rush straight at Rocky and hope to get out the early rounds. :D

7. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Anyone have any success trying it with Tyson?

8. James Townes

James Townes Member Full Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Okay, this fantasy fight is not going the Rock's way.. the general consensus is that Tyson was too big and fast for the Rock... My scenarios were just propping up a possible major upset. The Rock has a chance.. Don't underestimate that.. I admit there are two big
    This content is protected
    here..
    Tyson doesn't get him early, and
    the Rock is still full of fight, bloody but unbowed, say after 10 rounds ... Tyson is in big big trouble...no
    about it.... :patsch

9. James Townes

Aug 11, 2015
    Like who? Joe Frazier's son? Tyson never fought anyone as tough as the Rock.. except maybe Holyfield.. It seems that every time Tyson fought someone who wasn't afraid of him, no matter the size, he got his ass beat.... the Rock feared no man... that frustrated Tyson.. He depended on the fear factor.. He was one of the most fearsome looking fighters in history.. They say, he punched a hole through the wall into Spink's dressing room.. No wonder Spinks was ****ing bricks..... But Marciano would have punched another hole in the wall right next to Tyson's..and stuck his head through and say, "good luck tonight Mike.." and offer to shake hands...

10. uncletermite

uncletermite Boxing Addict banned

Aug 2, 2015
    The slow starting Marciano vs the vicious starter Tyson?It doesn't get out of round 2 if it goes that long...Heart can only go so far..i'll take reailty...power/speed/defense and CHIN.

11. James Townes

Aug 11, 2015
    The would be the best chance Tyson has.. And it very well could happen that way...but if the Rock survives the early storm and the Rock has taken his best shots and starts building steam... Then what?

12. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Were Razor Ruddock or Trevor Berbick afraid of him?

13. uncletermite

uncletermite Boxing Addict banned

Aug 2, 2015
    Then Tyson slows down and fights at his opponets pace...you forget power shots that land take out the energy level of an opponent..this is why those few who survived with him at his peak could do nothing after.I highly doubt Tyson does not get the k.o here at any round,far to easy of a target to miss.

14. James Townes

Aug 11, 2015
    Watch this on youtube..

A lot of Rock's defense maneuvers were subtle and hidden - in slow motion they become more apparent ....

15. James Townes

Aug 11, 2015