Rocky Marciano vs Canelo Alvarez

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Seamus, Apr 2, 2021.

Marciano challenging Alvarez

1. Alvarez by KO

8 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Alvarez by Dec

11 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. Marciano by KO

60 vote(s)
    75.0%
  4. Marciano by Dec

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
  2. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Marciano would beat the soul out of Canelo if the ginger had one.

This simply can’t be a legit thread.

3. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Call me too when Canelo gives any opponent an even break. I fail to see how anyone could miss the corruption. I wont hold my breath

BCS8 likes this.
  4. mrkoolkevin

mrkoolkevin Never wrestle with pigs or argue with fools Full Member

Jan 30, 2014
    By the way, FWIW, Louis' manager apparently thought that Marciano was dirty too.

Rocky Marciano "Very Confident," But Refuses Knockout Statement, Newport Daily News, Oct. 25, 1951

"When Marciano knocked out Layne, he hit on the break,' said Miles. 'He has a habit of butting, coming into you head first, and he also throws a lot of his punches low. I don't know if it's inexperience or what, but I want those three rules strictly enforced."

5. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Thank you, I will cherish this information.

6. mrkoolkevin

mrkoolkevin Never wrestle with pigs or argue with fools Full Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Anytime. :thumbsup:

reznick likes this.
  7. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
  8. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Mr Canelo would be the one seeking a 22ft ring.

Question is does Mr Marciano have access to a Canelo type chemistry lab?

Marciano on PEDs now that would be a scary scary opponent, he didn't do too bad regarding power/stamina, by training like a Spartan, eating his moms Italian meatballs and drinking carrot/celery juice.

9. Cojimar 1946

Cojimar 1946 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2014
    I don't agree with the argument that this is a troll thread. Alvarez probably enters he ring these days in the 170s or 180s so he wouldn't be giving away much size.

10. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    I agree. It's funny, Rocky supporters insist he would have no problem with the larger behemoths today who outweigh him by 60+ pounds, yet they scoff at the notion of Alvarez being competitive with Rocky because he was 20 pounds lighter. It's as laughable as it is pathetic.

White Bomber likes this.
  11. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I remember reading the day after Canelo vs Kovalev that both if them weighed in just inside the ten pound rehydration limit, with Canelo actually weighing more than Kovalev. This puts them just shy of 185.

Weight isn't the issue here, it's class and style. If Archie Moore can't beat Marciano, then how the **** is Canelo gonna do it?

Gatekeeper, 70sFan865 and choklab like this.
  12. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Canelo is a great fighter. He would be competitive..and I guess he would target somebody like Marciano as an easier champion to beat than say Joe Louis or something. But he would probably be wrong.

All great fighters should be given something of a chance in these match ups. It is conceivable Canelo would be more difficult than a much bigger fighter. Look at all the fights he’s had, he is like an old timer in this respect, and he’s certainly equipped as anyone to solve Marcianos difficult unorthodox style.

White Bomber likes this.
  13. reznick

Mar 17, 2010
    Deontay Wilder fought the greatest modern SHW to a draw weighing 45lb less than him, the same weight difference between Wilder and Chavez Jr.

The fact that people think Chavez Jr wouldn’t be a tough fight for Wilder is pathetic fanboyism at its best. It’s the same exact weight difference. Some people here don’t understand basic mathematics.

choklab likes this.
  14. lone star

lone star Active Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Oh wonderful. Now Rocky’s height and weight comes into it but not when he can beat the Bowe’s Foreman’s etc. Double standard ****.

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  15. reznick

Mar 17, 2010
    Wilder is closer in weight to Joe Gans than he is to Dustin Nichols, and yet people don’t think Gans has a chance to befuddle Wilder.

It’s ridiculous. But this is the world we live in.