Rocky Marciano vs Cleveland Williams

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by KeedCubano, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    [/QUOTE]
    Still waiting for that impressive top five wins list that proves he’s so great. Been asked for in several threads and you and others completely avoid it. Terrell was his best win and a good one. But he also lost the rematch and it was his only win over decent competition. Williams was the king of the C fighters as far as contenders go. He earned his ranking by beating stepping stones like Holman and Richardson.
    I also never stated Williams was prime he just wasn’t this naive 20 year old you try to paint him as. Man was 33-1 against professional fighters.
    And all you did was “lol” at my statement that Marcianos top five wins would wipe the floor with Williams. I don’t see Williams winning one of them. I’ll patiently wait for that top five list of scalps that proves Williams has a prayer against a man most intelligent boxing minds have in their top ten.
    Ps Laynes top five wins embarrass Williams. Lastarza is more comparable.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    choklab likes this.
  2. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    What argument? (LOL)

You're perplexed I picked Marciano over Williams because I said Williams was a hard puncher in another thread?

If you say someone was a hard puncher in a thread, does that mean you pick them to beat everyone? And if you don't, you're a LIAR? What are you, in kindergarten?

I said Marciano would win because I think he would win this matchup, that's why.

Good Lord. Go away. Seriously, what a ****ing weirdo.

3. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    Yeah, me and about 10 million other people. Glad it was so memorable and such a rare occurrance you remember it a year later. I'd go back and do a search of ALL the fights you picked wrong, but I'm not a psycho ... and nobody cares.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  4. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    It was a rare occurrence, because I've never seen anybody dick ride Wilder the way you did. "10 Million other people" didn't pick Wilder to KO Fury in the 1st round, nor did they call Wilder an ATG like yourself on the basis of beating ONE opponent in the top 10. Much slack as you like to give Williams (except when it doesn't suit your argument), at least he beat multiple fighters in the top 10.

5. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Let me dumb it down for you as you're obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I'm perplexed because you dismissed the testimonies of Williams' power because they "destroyed him". Putting aside the fact, that this was a blatant lie (as only Liston "destroyed" him), you garnered said testimonies in defense of Williams, and defended him endlessly. Now, why would you defend him so adamantly then provide testimonies of his power if they mean as little as you make it out to be?

6. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    No argument?

There’s nothing obvious about that at all. And it is delusional to say that it is.

people need to start understanding that a mere opinion doesn’t equal a fact.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    young griffo and PhillyPhan69 like this.
  7. klompton2

klompton2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Wait, are you calling someone out for "dick riding" a fighter on yet ANOTHER Cleveland Williams thread in which you continue to ignore the obvious fact that Williams has zero quality wins but will wax poetic about him as if he was Joe Louis, Mike Tyson, and Evander Holyfield rolled into one? LOL.

8. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    (COPY PASTE)
    If you say someone was a hard puncher in a thread, does that mean you pick them to beat everyone? And if you don't, you're a LIAR? What are you, in kindergarten?

I said Marciano would win because I think he would win this matchup, that's why.

9. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    Let me dumb it down for you.

This is a matchup between and all-time great and a guy who wasn't even the top contender in a weak era.

This is a matchup between a guy who knocked out Hall of Famers and a guy who knocked out Todd Herring.

This is a matchup between a guy who lost to everyone, and a guy who lost to NO ONE.

If it was Cleveland Williams vs. Scott Ledoux, I'll take Cleveland Williams.

If it is a matchup between Cleveland Williams and Rocky Marciano, I'm going with Marciano INSIDE FIVE.

It matters who the opponent is. Diffrent opponent, different outcome.

GOT IT? No go get the sparkles and make a pretty picture for your mom, and don't eat the glue. Dumb ass.

choklab likes this.
  10. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    I picked a guy who beat all his opponents by knockout for 12 YEARS to win his last fight by knockout, because he already dropped the guy twice in their previous fight. Sue me.

If I'm wrong once every 12 years, I'll take it.

11. El Gallo Negro

El Gallo Negro Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 8, 2020
    I think cleaveland takes the old man.

I've only seen his fights with Liston and Clay he got KOd pretty quick in every fight but he was actually lighting Liston up pretty good for a couple of rounds.

He most certainly could damage up Marciano's nose or something, without even factoring in his speed and accuracy.

Marciano would either get to 50-0 or Cleaveland stops him and his legacy is lost forever, great way to hype this fight

OP_TheJawBreaker likes this.
  12. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    losing quickly to Liston equals being able to beat Rocky?

I think I understand this line of thought.

I respectfully disagree wholeheartedly. But I understand the line of thought.

13. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    So you say Williams gets no excuse for being a young 20 year old and 33-1 is enough experience against Satterfield,

But you insist Rocky had yet to reach his prime against Joe Louis when he was 28 years old and 37-0.

14. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Please find my quote where I said Williams was prime? I’ll wait patiently. Marciano also wasn’t a babe in the woods.
    Ps Layne had one less fight then Williams and knocked Satterfield out.

choklab likes this.
  15. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    I didn't say that you said Williams was prime.

You said he was "hardly a babe in the woods" which means you think he has no excuse for losing to Satterfield because he was 33-1 despite the fact he was only 20 and it was a 2 day's notice.

So if 20 years old and 33-1 is enough experience to take on a dangerous slugger at the last minute, then 28 year old 37-0 Rocky has no excuse for getting a black eye against a 37 year old gunshy Louis and had several weeks notice to train.

You are playing word games because you don't want to be consistent.