Rocky Marciano vs Kubrat Pulev

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by emallini, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    There’s plenty on the thread mocking him. I only got to page 2 lol before I skipped to the end. Mostly mocking posts and not on your part.

2. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    What, prey tell, is that number too large to count for a Marcianista? 3?

3. Gazelle Punch

Aug 15, 2018
    Did you count to three all by yourself? Good job.

4. Pat M

Pat M Active Member Full Member

Jun 20, 2017
    I'd pick Pulev to beat anybody Marciano fought and Marciano himself. Pulev is bigger, stronger, faster, more skilled, has a better amateur background...Marciano only has the "intangibles" assigned to him by his followers. Nothing that is apparent on video is in Marciano's favor versus Pulev.

And whoever mentioned Tony Thompson...a 6-6, 240 pound SOUTHPAW in the 50s...nobody would have fought him.

This content is protected

emallini likes this.
  5. Tonto62

Tonto62 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I asked you for examples when you rushed to his defence despite the fact that he hadn't been attacked .You haven't come up with any!

6. Gazelle Punch

Aug 15, 2018
    Obviously you don’t know how to read. Burden is on you not me. I’m not your tutor. Go read anything myhairlineisgone or Seamus has written. Condescending and insulting. Your badgering without actually reading is irritating. If you can’t understand what people are typing that’s on you. I suggest a reading comprehension class.

7. Tonto62

Mar 26, 2011
    You made a statement on this thread ,here it is.
    "Anything to take Marciano down a few pegs. I’ll never understand the vile hatred for such a great champ. And some will say it’s not “hatred” but look at the size? Well other past greats don’t get this treatment. Where they look at every little hiccup of a career. No one ever mentions that ali was almost sparked by a 186 pound man and would have been had his corner not bailed him out. No one points out the dubiousness of other champs defenses as a knock on them. It’s an absolute joke and something you’d think wouldn’t occur on a classic forum site. And Ali shouldn’t be criticized for that it’s boxing in the HW division especially. Anyone can have a bad night. No one is invincible and no ones record is perfect. But to say marciano couldn’t beat this C fighter is a waste of time to even argue. Just feeding the trolls at this point. There have been several ATGs at his height this shouldn’t even be a debate."
    I asked you for examples to prove your claim you produced NONE .The burden of proof is always on the one making the original statement not the one challenging it!
    That isn't badgering, it's asking for evidence and you haven't any, instead you have prevaricated and obfuscated all round my original question and now, when you cant dance around it any more you are irritated because of your failure to do so.
    I comprehend very well actually English was my major subject at college.
    Your problem is you are a self appointed Keeper of the Flame of the Marciano legend,nothing wrong with that, but don't feel its a scurrilous personal attack whenever somebody doesnt swallow all the more outlandish claims you and a few other Rockista's make on Marciano's behalf. FYI matching Marciano with Pulev doesnt denigrate or disparage Marciano in any way and only a rabid fan boy would suggest it does.

8. Gazelle Punch

Aug 15, 2018
    You have to be one of the most dense people I’ve ever spoken too. Once again child go read the first few pages of this forum and if you don’t see anything insulting you’re a damn lying fraud and I have zero time for you. I don’t have time to copy and paste twenty comments go and read them yourself.

9. Seamus

Feb 11, 2005
    You make the accusation, you cite the proof. That's the way it works in the Western legal tradition. It's called "burden of proof". And that burden is on you.

Tonto62 likes this.
  10. Tonto62

Mar 26, 2011
    There are none prior to your unwarranted hysterical defence of your hero, , I know it ,you know it ,and so does anyone reading this thread.The other guy said you lacked emotional maturity and put you on ignore, it's easy to see why.Grow up a bit son!

11. Gazelle Punch

Aug 15, 2018
    This ones for tonto as he’s doesn’t know how to read

12. Gazelle Punch

Aug 15, 2018
    This ones also for tonto. Do you need more insulting condescending posts? Or are you that intellectually inept that you don’t understand an insult when you read it? Now shut up you clown like you usually do when proven wrong.

13. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Pounchin powar calculateur Full Member

Sep 13, 2012
    The framing of this is absurd.

14. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Wilder beat a guy twice his weight.

But Marciano against 250lb, or even gaining 10-20 himself is out of the question.

Jackomano likes this.
  15. Seamus

Feb 11, 2005
    What is being clowned in that post is not Marciano but the estimation of him by his fanatical devotees.

That you completely miss this distinction reveals everything needed to understand your hysteria and emotional immaturity.

Now, go out there and be a better you! We're rooting for you!