Rocky Marciano's so called punching power

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Shawn Kemp, Jun 27, 2013.

1. ILBBIDWP

ILBBIDWP Natobums Full Member

Jun 16, 2019
    You don’t know fighters rehydrates all time?another idiotic fanboy ,today’s light heavyweights after rehydration would be 180+~190+ 5’11 6ft+ Way bigger than Marciano and the light heavyweights he fought , also Marciano was a soft 180+ Tyson was a shredded 210+.so tf can any objective people compare Marciano to any decent real heavyweight ?!

2. ILBBIDWP

Jun 16, 2019
    Not talking about IFs and BUTS that’s a P4P discussion.only talking about reality here.p4p I can make cases like this for every light heavyweight.

3. dmt

dmt Hardest hitting hw ever Full Member

Jul 2, 2006
    Well Louis wasn't small, he was almost the same size as Tyson and Holyfield, both of whom had a lot of success.

4. ILBBIDWP

Jun 16, 2019
    Tyson and Holyfield were constantly around or over 210ib, joe Louis occasionally weighed above 200ib. And he was flat footed and robotic compare to Holyfield and Tyson.also I’ve never seen joe Louis threw a fully extended straight punche. Buddy baer was also a big robotic who fought in a sub 200 era where most "heavyweights" were just light heavyweights or cruiser weights and was knocking out light heavyweights. Buddy baer took all of Joe Louis’s best shots for 7 rounds,Louis was landing at will on the extremely robotic baer who had no movement . David benavidez koed a heavyweight in sparring too was landing at will.Like I said A light heavyweight can ko a big bum if he hit him over and over again that doesn’t mean they hit as hard as heavyweights, in today’s division one punch can change a fight.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  5. dmt

dmt Hardest hitting hw ever Full Member

Jul 2, 2006
    Louis took time to weigh over 200 lbs, but his peak weight was 207 lbs. Holyfield could bulk up due to modern nutrition. Louis had to do so by more natural means, but by the time he reached his peak, he was close to Holyfields and Tysons size.

Fully extended straight punches? Lol. Jesus, Louis threw the fastest straightest right hands that any heavyweight ever threw.

Louis was not robotic either. He had a great style that takes some studying to fully understand. Louis had far greater speed and power than Holy.

6. ILBBIDWP

Jun 16, 2019
    Holyfield was way more mobile way faster and hit just as hard as Louis, Louis threw short arm bending crosses not one extended straight punch , Louis was a robotic light heavyweight/cruiser weight ,who had a very slow feet no side to side in and out or lateral movement , Holyfield comes from a much more advanced generation.

7. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Troll thread from a guest. What a shocker. Can’t believe so many people here fed you.

PLEASE STOP FEEDING THE TROLL.

SHADAPBLAD and Jackomano like this.
  8. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    HWs train up today. They trained down yesteryear. Really rather simple. Yes Marciano could train down but as I said and as Marciano said he would not be affective that Light. It’s one thing to train down from 190-200 to 175. It’s another to go from 210-220 to 175. That’s 45 pounds possibly. That’s a lot of weight to have to drop. More then likely he roids up like these other guys and fights at 220-230. Otherwise he stays around what he was. Do you really think Louis or Marciano couldn’t fight at HW? Talk about delusional fan boys. Obsessed w modern training in a particularly poor era for Hw boxing (although it has improved slightly in the last five years the prior twenty have been disastrously bad).

9. ILBBIDWP

Jun 16, 2019
    Already said. Not talking about IFs and BUTS that’s a P4P discussion.only talking about reality here.p4p I can make cases like this for every light heavyweight.

10. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Next thread... Ali's alleged handspeed? Tyson Fury's alleged reach? Chuvalo's alleged chin?

11. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    I have said it before and I have said it again.

Extreme Marciano haters, are the very worst fanatics in the sport.

They act like a wild eyed cult.

The only people obsessed with Marciano, are his detractors!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    choklab and Gazelle Punch like this.
  12. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    "so-called" LOL :duh

George Crowcroft likes this.
  13. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Louis was 6feet one and ahalf inches tall and typically200/202lbs.

14. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Marciano could clearly punch very hard. Is it as hard as some of the best Puncher's ever? No, but it's definitely hard enough to KO a guy.

Seamus and BCS8 like this.
  15. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    I think one of the reasons some of the lesser men he fought lasted so long was his lack of accuracy.
    Often he had to gradually subdue them with an incessant cannonade of punches before their defences came down and their legs were slowed.When the big punches he had been missing with began to land the writing was usually on the wall.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020