Rose/Arron, Chisora/Helenius & Cotto/Margarito II + undercards RbR!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ishy, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Vano-Irons

Vano-Irons Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jan 18, 2010
    Is anyone slightly interested in Pacquiao - Cotto 2?

2. Vano-Irons

Jan 18, 2010
    Btw, I think that was Cotto's best ever performance. Proved me very wrong

3. dftaylor

dftaylor Writer, fanatic Full Member

May 7, 2010
    HA I WIN! I WIN, VANO! HAHAHAHA!

Sorry...

I didn't see the stoppage coming but that's exactly how I thought Cotto would win. He impressed me by planting his feet in the ninth round - it was nice to see him look to dish out the pain.

4. EcosseBox

EcosseBox Member Full Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Impressive, but i miss the body work.

5. Vano-Irons

Jan 18, 2010
    Haha! It was very much deserved pal. Miguel was totally class! I thought he had slipped, how wrong was I!

At least I can take the fact that Kevin Mitchell is greater than Rios! After all, Murray probably took more rounds off Rios, and Mitchell stopped him quicker!!!! It works like that, right? :lol:

6. miguel2010

miguel2010 His hands are his weapons Full Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Whats right is right, go on Cotto lad!

Margo's eye is always gonna be like that now hes ****ed/its ****ed, as soon as he takes a shot on it the eye is gonna close......

Lights out on the eye and the career.

7. dftaylor

May 7, 2010
    And why not? It's as good a reason as any!

I was really impressed with Murray. HBO gave Rios a little more credit than he deserved, but considering John isn't a hard puncher, he did really well in that fight.

8. 1971791

1971791 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2011
  9. widdy

widdy lancs,where real men live Full Member

Aug 19, 2008
    just watched it,thought murray boxed well,its a shame he dident punch that hard,think he would of had a real chance of stopping rios.
    the harder man won at the end of the day.

oh,and it just goes to show how far wrong the armchair boxing fans who wrote murray off and said he did'nt deserve to be there,he did,and proved it.:smooch

10. Vano-Irons

Jan 18, 2010
    Yeah his grit, determination, and the way he put his shots together really impressed me actually. Rios didn't impress me at all tho. There was no fluency in his work, and his punches lacked the snap of the Antillon fight. Do we put that down to the weight issue? Or is Rios not as good as we thought? I tend to think it was the weight problem.

I also tend to think Gallagher should have pulled him out a few rounds earlier. He didn't have the power to get rios out of there, so was pretty much on a hiding to nothing. I understand why he didn't pull him out ( world title and that), but he needed protecting.

Very good night of boxing tho

11. Vano-Irons

Jan 18, 2010
    He didnt deserve to be there. But he performed very well nonetheless

12. miguel2010

miguel2010 His hands are his weapons Full Member

Sep 13, 2010
  13. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Prolly nitpicking but I was a bit disappointed with the NY card in general last night. Decent matchups on paper but all turned out too one sided to be really enjoyable.

14. TheUzi

TheUzi MISSION INCOMPLETE Full Member

Jul 23, 2008

Defo.
    Feel the same, exciting, I mean the crowd were raucous but Marg just couldnt get into the fight at all and Murray took a pummeling from the midway point onwards.

15. dftaylor

May 7, 2010
    Cotto wouldn't let him in the fight and there were no hands of stone to swing it this time. I suspect it would have been epic in the garden.