Roy Jones Jr ducking Steve Collins

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by The Slaps, Jan 19, 2020.

1. The Slaps

The Slaps Win or lose, as long as you get the decision Full Member

Apr 8, 2018
    [QUOTE="Loudon, post: 20274007, member: [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the welcome Loudon and thanks for the very informative reply. Some things in their I did not know at all and appreciated. What I was looking for the American angle of what was going on.

The stipulation was apparently to fight Eubank again after he had no interest in Calzaghe for a shot at Jones Jr.

As I said with my head I thought Jones Jr would win and I never along with most Irish in my circle and beyond didn't think Collins could actually beat Jones Jr but we were hyped up for years for that fight :) and you never know unless you go and the heart always says different :)
    It looks like it was just same old promoter, tv politics as usual and as you said both boxers on different courses. I know at that time America had little interest in the European boxers and the European boxers were desperate to get a slice of the American monopoly and the middleweight divisions probably had the best boxers on both sides of the pond all claiming ducking, dodging and slicing. It's a pity cause we didn't get to see the best from both regions go head to head because of the politics.

I can't fully buy into the idea of Jones Jr fighting Collins for less money, the Irish without a doubt would of packed any stadium in the world, we love a sporting occasion and Collins had us wired for this fight. He was made for the media the mouth and the look and with 40 million Americans claiming Irish roots and 120 million worldwide the Irish would of been on the session and ppv would of been safe :) For him fighting the best pound for pound in the world (look at Conor McGregor now, Collins was honestly bigger in Ireland even without social media). So possibly their ignorance caused them to miss out on a massive cash cow on what they assumed would be an unknown.

But I get your point about Roy Jones Jr not fearing Collins, but it will always be a niggle in the back of the head why didn't he just take the fight, cause a lot of boxers went running when Jones Jr accepted their challenge. Collins was going nowhere.

99 Hysteria broke out again here over Collins fighting Roy Jones Jr. Any chance he had in 97 were slim, now 2 years out of action his chances were drastically less. When he collapsed in training it wasn't concussion that put him out it was rumoured he had a cist on his brain or a blood cloth but he was eventually cleared not sure of the timeline of, him collapsing, the fight being called off, and him getting the all clear.

And don't worry I could see right through the roid Jones Jr thread. Some decent points in it but it loses credibility when it becomes blatantly bias.

Nice one bud. Sorry if this is a bit wishy washy it's 1am here and I'm after a few beers not drunk just a few.

young griffo and Loudon like this.
  2. Joe.Boxer

Joe.Boxer Chinchecker Full Member

Jan 8, 2011
    HAHAHAHAHA!

:risas3::risas3::risas3:

"mental illness"

Jesus Christ!

Loudunce/Fat Robert/robertzimmerman is the literally the absolute dumbest, most delusional, most hypocritical r3tard you will ever see online. Ever.

Let's spell this out; using facts, logic, reality, and the most credible sources available, I have absolutely destroyed Fat Robert's delusional nonsense, exposed his lies, and proven him wrong throughout my whole thread on Roid Jones' duck of Steve Collins.

Loudunce/Fat Robert obviously can't even reply to anything I've posted - because it's proven reality - so he instinctively goes straight into denial and simply claims (pretends) that it's ME and NOT HIM who's mentally ill!!

How weak can you get??

TRAGIC!

He must have forgot that he actually admitted to having mental disorders on esb.

A f*cking child wouldn't be this lame and stupid.

It's akin to Charlie Zelenoff constantly parroting "you haters are delusional".

No, Robert; obsessively posting 7 years (& counting) of endless lies and delusions across a whole bunch of internet forums is mental illness you tragic f*cking freak. And - hopeless loser that you are - you're doomed to spend the rest of your sh*tty life spouting said hopless lies & delusions in defense of Roid Jones. All while getting fatter : ) And I will always return to bully you. You sad boring c*nt.

...So esb Classic posters, let me save you the time - you may not be fully aware that robertzimmerman aka Loudunce aka Fat Robert is the absolute laughing stock of internet boxing forums and a personal punchbag of mine. This post briefly sums up what a complete and utter joke this tragic delusional loser truly is;

This content is protected

You'll never see a bigger delusional loser online than this sad freak. Ever.

There's simply no way he can be this much of an creepy obsessed delusional spastic without having OCD and a bunch of learning disabilities and mental disorders.

It's obvious to everyone he's nothing more than a basement-dwelling mentally ill h*mos*xual who's in love - and completely obsessed - with Roid Jones (and can't cope with the fact that Roid will forever be Joe Calzaghe's b*tch).

All he ever does is post endless cringeworthy lies & clueless delusional fanboy nonsense in defense of Roid...then posts cringeworthy opposite double standards towards Joe Calzaghe.

Loudunce believes that not only was Roid Jones not the worst cherrypicking ducker of his generation - which he absolutely was - but not many of the fighters Roid avoided even wanted to box Roid, and it was Roid himself who was ducked LOL.

According to Loudunce, Roid's ducking was all down to "circumstances", Roid's lies were somehow truths or had hidden meanings, and his "true intentions" were the exact opposite of his actions (that of a cherrypicking ducker).

Fat Robert believes it's all somehow "the biggest misconception in boxing".

The only "misconception" is Robert's grasp on reality.

The freak ignores all facts and logic and simply lies & invents his own skewed personal version of reality that fits into a fantasy world which revolves around an angelic Roid Jones, until, amongst others, an extremely patient general zod or myself completely destroys his fanboy nonsense. He's been repeatedly proven wrong, humiliated, and had countless lies & dumb arguments debunked on these otherwise great forums over the years.

Yet like clockwork, Fat Robert will eventually simply return and parrot the exact same endless false inaccurate cr@p over & over. Word for word. Rinse and repeat. For 7 years and counting.

He's completely incapable of having a rational debate, or able to see outside of his imaginary world. How can someone remain so clueless? He's a complete waste of time. Only good for ridiculing.

Robert passes all his lies & nonsense off as fact.

The loser genuinely believes he knows better that the former President of HBO Sports, Seth Abraham, who reluctantly admitted his ludicrous HBO contracts he gifted Roid Jones, Jr were a huge mistake and confirmed Roid Jones was a ducker who didn't want to box the best opposition.

Somehow all this is whilst being too thick to do ANY research of his own.

Loudunce, by definition, is delusional.

So don't be fooled be any post Loudunce makes, it's guaranteed to be laughable nonsense. His "opinions" are beyond worthless.

He just doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Fat Robert wasn't even following boxing during Roid Jones' prime (which is reflected in his obvious lack of knowledge); he developed his obsession after watched YouTube highlight clips of Roid.

He also completely ignores the fact that Jones was a steroid-fueled drugs cheat and an animal abusing low-life.

He has no business even debating Roid Jones - yet Loudunce mindlessly agrees with any fanboy post about Jones - regardless of its actual content or how wrong it may be - and will always reply to literally any post which is even mildly critical of Jones to leap to his defense with his usual clueless pompous tedious drivel, 24-7-365.

Yes, every day of his worthless life he's scouring the internet looking to engage with anyone about his hero. He posts his crap everywhere.

The most predictable, boring, transparent, and worst poster ever.

He clearly knows nothing about boxing, and - p*ssy that he is - has never even trained. He's just a useless creepy mentally ill f@ggot who admits he's like 50lbs overweight. Embarrassing.

The pathetic fat pile of lard also has a slipped disc, which he no doubt suffered whilst sat at his pc m@sturbating over Roid Jones' nude selfies.

He is also truly, mindbogglingly hypocritical.

Incredibly Loudunce, aka Fat Robert tries to make jokes about other posters' mental health, "taking meds", "seeking help", calling other posters "kings of spin" & "should be politicians"...while always trying to argue against reality and explicitly displaying these delusions, learning disabilities and mental disorders every single day. What an absolute spastic. He must have ZERO self awareness. Tragic.

Imagine him arguing his crap in a court of law; he'd be immediately dismissed and detained under the mental health act.

Worse still, the sad pretentious freak thinks he's some kind of intellectual. LOL. He actually tries to patronize other posters.

No one on esb wants to even entertain the useless deluded creep at all anymore. He's unable to articulate his points concisely, resulting in pages of this pretentious, tediously long-winded patronizing clueless fanboy nonsense, which no one can be bothered - or has the time - to painstakingly pick apart. Even debate king bailey seems bored with schooling the sad pompous ponce. general zod has also given up (for now). It's proven to be pointless anyway, due to his delusions. He's a lost cause.

Whatever meds he takes clearly don't work. At all.

The only plus side is that Roid Jones' tiny fanclub's hopeless attempts to deny the truth about Roid - and getting constantly proven wrong - have backfired horribly and inadvertently helped to expose all the very things that Roid is accused of. Hilarious.

Plus, Robert does make for an excellent punchbag, on and offline.

So who do you think you are, Robert? You're not even ***** under my boot, freak.

I would - and will - punch ***** out of you just for being such a complete and utter pompous spastic.

Seriously Robert, just kill yourself. It's your only way out. Plus you'll be doing any potential future generations of Loudunce's a massive favour.

No doubt the complete p*ssy will try to dismiss all this spot-on ridicule he gets as "hate-fueled rants" or "nonsense". And pretend to laugh through his humiliation. Denial is his best friend.

It's fun battering such an easy target as poor Robert.

But the truth is the truth.

It absolutely kills Fat Robert that Roid Jones was never the champion in any division he competed in, was a drugs cheat, a compulsive liar, and the biggest cherrypicking ducker of his generation - and there's absolutely nothing Robert can do about it.

You can spot his personality disorders a mile off.

Loudunce is a slave to his delusions, OCD, mental disorders, and creepy obsession with Roid Jones. Posting nothing but lies and complete nonsense 24-7-365. I bet he can't even sleep properly because of it.

On esb he had to resort to siding with herolgee and dinovelvet; two of the worst, most worthless posters this forum's ever seen (other than himself obviously).

A complete laughing stock.

No one has any respect whatsoever for Loudunce or his delusional "opinions". He has no credibility. None.

Like a flat earther or conspiracy nut, his "opinions" are worthless; all he has is his delusions - and the more he's proven wrong with facts and reality, the further he retreats into his fantasy world and the more deluded he becomes. Stuck in his cycle of delusion forever.

He's the biggest joke on these forums.

I could spent all night laughing at Loudunce, though like most here I have a life.

Go away, Robert. You're not wanted. Anywhere.

p.s. Whoever knows Loudunce, aka Fat Robert, aka robertzimmerman offline, pm me the details of the sad obese worthless freak.

PhillyPhan69 and Loudon like this.
  3. Joe.Boxer

Jan 8, 2011
    continued;

...last year Loudunce/robertzimmerman/Fat Robert was dumb enough to start posting his tedious delusional crap over on the History forum at on b*xingsc*ne. Obviously he was completely out of his depth, was loathed by everyone else, and got laughed off the forum. Hilarious and cringeworthy.

Fat Robert, let me spell it out - I'm a lot smarter than you. And I've forgotten more about boxing than you'll ever know. Plus I'd knock f*ck out of you. Infact I'm superior to you in every way - apart from being a clueless delusional tragic fanboy loser.

The most hilarious thing about Fat Robert's obssesive love for Roid Jones is that not even Roid himself would agree with the nonsense Fat Robert posts in Roid's defense.

Think about that for a second. That's how deluded Fat Robert is. All alone in the Loudunce Fantasy World in which he is right and reality is wrong.

Imagine what Roid would think of some clueless fat delusional p*ssy who's never boxed inadvertently helping to destroy Roid's rep because he's so f*cking useless. LOL.

Roid would be embarrassed by him.

..I really could batter Fat Robert all day.

TL DR: Basically, you can dismiss anything Loudunce posts. It's embarrassingly delusional biased nonsense.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    PhillyPhan69 and Loudon like this.
  4. Joe.Boxer

Jan 8, 2011
    It's a terrible thread in the eyes of clueless delusional fanboys who don't want to hear the truth.

As serge has already posted, I've already f*cking spelled out this entire subject in my epic thread and absolutely thoroughly destroyed any hopless arguements in defence of Roid Jones. It's done;

Rivals Roid Jones, Jr ducked: Steve Collins

Any more nonsense posted by the Roid Jones Fanclub is irrelevant.

Some more threads to weep over;

Roid Jones, Jr: The Nunn-Rocchigiani-WBC Scandal
    Roid Jones, Jr: The Steroid Scandal

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    Loudon likes this.
  5. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    The Slaps,

You're welcome. I'm English by the way. Not that it's important.

I've honestly never heard about that before.

I'd have liked to have seen it myself.

I'd have liked to have seen Roy fight a lot of guys that he didn't.

Today, the boxing landscape has changed a lot. But back then America was the home of boxing.

Although the huge and passionate Irish contingent would have loved to have seen the fight, there was no real demand for it stateside.

Collins was known in the U.S. when he was younger and he was respected. He put in great showings against Mike McCallum and Reggie Johnson. But in the mid to late 90's, there was no demand for Roy to face him. The biggest win of his career had been against a faded version of Chris Eubank, who wasn't popular in America. They had a very close fight and Collins ended up with the lightly regarded WBO belt.

It's okay saying that Collins desperately wanted the fight. But if you want an objective debate, you have to look from everyone's perspective. The majority of the U.S. fans back then wanted Roy to fight Liles or move up to LHW to fight guys like Virgil Hill. Collins was off the radar fighting Eubank and Seiller etc. And the WBO had zero respect back then. They weren't one of the main four organisations like they are today. So apart from the British and the Irish, who would have been screaming for the winner of the Eubank-Collins fight to be fighting Roy for a WBO belt?

There's no way Roy would have travelled back then. He had a huge ego and all of the biggest fights were held in Vegas. Personally, I don't think the PPV would have been huge in the U.S.

The other issue, is that many British boxing fans didn't know that much about Roy back then.

Like I said, look who he fought. If he was willing to fight a 26 year old version of James Toney, who'd beaten the likes of McCallum, Nunn, Reggie, Barkley and Littles etc, why would he have feared a guy who'd beaten Eubank, who wouldn't have been a tough stylistic match up for him?

I know that Howard Eastman dropped him in sparring at some point.

He's an entertaining poster. But all of that effort he put in was for absolutely nothing. It was a complete waste of his time. He only received a handful of replies. Whereas if he'd have made the same points in the manner that you have, it could have been interesting. But nobody is going to debate with a guy like that. Because it's obvious from the outset that he doesn't want to debate.

No worries mate.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    Sangria likes this.
  6. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Roy Jones between 95-99 was completely and utterly untouchable. Beat ATGs like Hopkins and Toney.

Steve Collins was a solid boxer, who exploited big name fighters on the way down. He was at the right place at the right time, but never anything special.

Jones would have stopped Collins comfortably between 95-99.

Smokin Bert, Sangria and Loudon like this.
  7. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    I don't think Roy would have stopped him, but I think he'd have beaten him quite comfortably.

There's no way Collins could have handled that sort of speed.

Bokaj likes this.
  8. Cobra33

Cobra33 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Oh Roy would have stopped him and very easily.
    Collins would have been massacred in a one sided beating inside 8 rounds.
    Jones hits harder by a mile,way faster then Collins so the only shot Collins has is if Jones breaks his hands on Collins face.
    Collins beat who in there PRIME????

9. destruction

Mar 26, 2009
    Newbies to the sport who saw the shot Roy after he came down from HW, do not appreciate how exceptional prime Roy was. I have never seen a boxer with better athletic ability, speed, reflexes and agility than a prime Roy. Those timelines are smack bang in the middle of his prime, where he was beating everyone he faced with ease.

Smokin Bert and Loudon like this.
  10. destruction

Mar 26, 2009
    Collins whole career was based off being in the right place at the right time. All his best wins were over old fighters, who were on the slide (Eubank x2 and Benn x2). He doesnt have 1 single good win over a prime opponent.

11. Cobra33

Cobra33 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Eubank holds wins over Watson,Benn,Maligna,Gracianno,Holmes,Thorton, and Maligna.
    Who did Collins beat minus his wins over a shot Benn and Eubank????
    A prime Benn vs a fighter who has no power and a defense below average and is pretty much stationary is a recipe for disaster for his opponent.
    A prime Benn has too much power for Collins and sooner or latter Collins goes down.

Loudon likes this.
  12. KuRuPT

KuRuPT Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Collins beat Roy... LMAO

13. Saad54

Saad54 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Holy s&it. Is there an award for most unhinged post of all time. Lol.

Roy Jones stops Collins on cuts or wins a very wide UD.

Bokaj and Loudon like this.
  14. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    I've sat on the sidelines on this thread and watched in amazement.

I'm not going to claim to the intimate with either of these guys but have met them both, and am more than familiar with their fighting prowess and abilities, seen 'em live and on film. I will say that Steve is generally underrated and was a helluva fighter. But Roy was a generational talent, who in the late 90's was at the top of his game. There is no way in hell Steve , who was 5 years older, beats him. There's not a weapon in his arsenal that can not be matched and multiplied by Roy.

Saad54, Bokaj and Loudon like this.
  15. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    I'm just hoping that you haven't clicked on those links for his other threads. Ha!

A padded room springs to mind.