Roy Jones negotiating with Anderson Silva???

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by DanielDimov, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Its not acceptable. He has gotten knocked out over and over by cab drivers and journeyman. i think if you get koed 8 times they should call it a rap for anyones career.

Did they learn nothing from Ali and Quarry? Sure they were still in decent athletic shape and passed the eye test but it was obvious even to non boxers like dr. Pacheko they should have stopped a while ago.

Greed controls everything, plain and simple. They dont care if he dies if they can make a dime.

greenhornet likes this.
  2. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    how much did Jones make during his career? odds are all he needed to do was not support an entourage, and spend lavishly.

Ant Sutton likes this.
  3. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    I understand what you're saying. But he's proven that he can still fight at a certain level. And if he has scans and he passes the stringent tests, they won't ban him. As long as he continues to fight guys like Gunn, he's okay. It's when he steps up a level. I know he's now suffered 9 defeats, but only 3 of them have been bad knockout losses. He also hasn't been knocked out by cab drivers. But I do take on board what you're saying. I'm a huge fan, and it's hard to watch.

4. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    The thing with Roy, is that even if he was a billionaire, he'd still be fighting today. He just loves the competition, and he still feels great in the gym. He can still fight at a low level. He just can't let go. Although he may need the money, he doesn't do it solely for the money.

5. Hotsauce

Hotsauce Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Let him make money