Royal Albert Hall Bill

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Snowy1989, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Friday Night boxing back at the Royal Albert Hall.

Not a stellar card by any stretch, but it certainly shows what a desperate situation British boxing on TV 2019 is in when this card generates a raise in the pulse.

Williams vs Mullender
    Garton vs Jenkins
    Yarde vs Reeves
    Dubois vs Cojanu

Looking forward to see how Dubois tackles Cojanu; perfect step up fight at this stage in his career. Would like to see him show some intellligence when/if he has his man against the ropes and try to systematically break down the Romanian instead of looking for the chin all night.

2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I’m looking forward to this. We can see what Dubois has learned from his last outing against the punchbag.

Mullender is going to come to fight against Williams. No faffing about. Should really see more improvement from Williams now he’s had a bit longer in the Ingle camp.
    Will Yarde be pushed ever so slightly out of his comfort zone?

Sphillips and zulander like this.
  3. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I'm looking forward to it. Sometimes the most uninspiring cards on paper deliver, hopefully this will be one of those times. I like Dubois even if I'm unsure about his actual level. Be good to see him show some progress. Garton may be in another war. Here's hoping anyway!

Great iconic setting in any case, be fun to see boxing return there.

Twentyman likes this.
  4. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    It's a decent smaller show. Just shame that with the extra t.v. money we can get better shows than ones you can see in small halls every week.

5. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Sometimes I think we'd be better off seeing more of those smaller shows rather than spending the money on the bigger ones. I can enjoy a fight between two well matched but lesser fighters more than a mismatch at the higher level.

6. porkypara

porkypara Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 3, 2009
    I think its a good show personally .

7. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    1/7
    1/33
    1/80
    1/100

If you put £10 on with bet365 you get £11.98 back.

It’s definitly not a good card!

It’s a good card if you follow the fighters and you want to see them active / how they’re progressing but it terms of competitiveness it’s bollocks.

8. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Hearn would be getting belters for this. At least he's smart enough to build a 'next gen' brand to get away with smaller shows ( which are absolutely needed to help build fighters)

Holler likes this.
  9. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Yarde fight is trash. Dubois' is perfectly fine given where he's at as a prospect, although it ought to be a one sided beat down to some extent.

Garton and Mullender fights aren't too bad. Garton is usually fun to watch, so that's something. It's certainly not a 'good' card but it's ok enough to watch

dryzer likes this.
  10. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    If Hearn represented these fighters it would probably be somewhere in US and we’d have to stay up till 3am to watch it.

BluenoseBxingFan and Wizbit1013 like this.
  11. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    The Dubois fight actually isn’t that bad- the rest is a bit underwhelming though.

12. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Which one of these beauts has the honor of being the main event and please tell me it's not Anthony "The Yeast" Yard.

13. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    It’s a decent bill. I’m interested to see what Dubios has learned following the Johnson fight- as Cajanu is a pretty durable lump so we should get the answers. Not bothered about Yarde’s fight. Williams - Mullender should be a good dustup.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  14. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    decent card and good to see boxing back in this venue too -- British title fights should be good

15. Sphillips

Sphillips Active Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Betting odds are always like this though really.