Ruiz-Joshua II - Predictions?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Rumsfeld, Sep 11, 2019.

1. gerryb

gerryb Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Theres psychological damage from being beaten up by a shorter obese man who didn't capitulate like many other opponents when hit hard

2. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Yes, Ruiz's conduct is growing concern for me aswell. I think if he loses, it'll be because of what he doesn't do rather than what Joshua does.

3. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    I think that Joshua will enter better prepared physically, but mentally, the thought of his ko loss will cause him to lose again by ko. Good boxer but his chin is suspect. Ruiz by knockout, round 6.

4. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007

Ruiz is enjoying his time as champion. Living in South Florida, there is a large Latino population. They love him, but you're right he's becoming too comfortable.

I'll tell you I can not stand the current " champions" They are all top ten contender types handpicking what they think are easy fights vs. non top ten competition, or vs old men.

Fury was a bloody mess and almost stopped last night vs. the guy box rec ranked in the high 40's. Wilder's title opponents are a joke. And Joshua, who is the best of the three, really got his clock cleaned by a guy who looks like he works at a gas station. While Ruiz can fight, the optics for Joshua are just terrible.

Trust me, the up and coming group is better than these three, and I hope they pick better title opponents when it's their time.

roughdiamond likes this.
  5. zadfrak

zadfrak Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2008
    sooner or later we will have a changing of the guard. Always do.

Keleneki likes this.
  6. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    It might be later with these " judges " and the selected " title " opponents.

Perhaps these oil rich Arab countries who want sporting events in their nations can really help boxing out by offering enough money to make the right type of fights. I'm for it.

7. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    If you are right, then I am grateful that we dodged that bullet!

Can you imagine what some people would have built Miller up into?

8. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Have you anybody in mind here?

9. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Old school vs modern cheeseburger diet what's better?

10. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I still say its a big shock. Joshua was heralded as the best thing we,ve seen in years. So much so everyone thought he must be on drugs cause no one was able to stand up to him. Ruiz comes in looking terrible as per usual and proceeds to beat him up without too much trouble. Yet parker beat him...and joshua deals with parker. Its not a massive shock but its still a shock he was dethroned so easily for me. Always said the way to beat him was too fight him/push him back but didnt think ruiz was the one to do it. Tyson was at fault for his own demise imo. The defeat to douglas was coming due to his erratic lifestyle. You cant live like that continually and not expect it to bite you. Joshua doesnt have that excuse tho. A lot of people knew he wasnt what the casuals we,re selling. Still expected whoever beat him would have to take a shellacking first to get the win. Ruiz done it without really breaking a sweat. Think that was the bigger shock.

Unforgiven likes this.
  11. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007

Phlip Hrgovic is going to be a world champion. He's the very requiem for a modern-day heavyweight, big, strong, durable, skilled, aggressive, mobile , he has few holes in his game. He was robed in the last Olympics but ripped apart the World series of boxing. He's never been down or stopped. Ranked #13th at box rec and in the top ten already in some alphabet org's. Should be top ten in Ring Magazine nsoo.

I think Efe Ajaba would destroy Wilder or Fury, he's got a legit Lennox Lewis like right hand. A bit less redefined on defense, but still an accurate boxer. I'd pick him over Wilder or Fury now.

Arslanbek Makhmudov is one of the scariest looking heavyweights ever. He could be cast as the henchman in the next James Bind movie on looks alone. The Russian has a pair of sledgehammers for fists. Best natural puncher I've seen since...maybe since Foreman. He just not heavy-handed, he's accurate with a sick uppercut. One he lands, the other guy is hurt instantly, and its quickly over.

There are about 10 other super heavies out there would could out easily boxer Wilder, and several others like Joyce who would be Fury's worst nightmare. Take it from me; the up and coming group of superheavies is about as deep as I've seen.