Ruiz Jr - 'I'm The Champion, I Call the Shots Now. Al Haymon will take care of things'

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Sephiroth Rising 7, Jun 4, 2019.

1. lefthandlead

lefthandlead Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 1, 2010
    With Ruiz discipline and eating habits?? I see a 260LB Ruiz shadowboxing in a sauna hours before he hits the scales.

2. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Stop being a dunce.

This content is protected

3. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    He is not because he has a chance to get all the belts and demand whatever money he wants.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  4. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    If I was Haymon I would just do the rematch after Wilder has all the titles. It will make more money I guess.

Pimp C likes this.
  5. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    That's what I'm talking about. He didn't lose anything by Joshua losing. Maybe I should have said that he is a better position.

DanielDimov likes this.
  6. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    rRematch has been activated. AJ also confirmed that the rematch clause contained date and location. He is open to doing it in NY again even though UK is the location.

7. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Rematch has been activated. AJ also confirmed that the rematch clause contained date and location. He is open to doing it in NY again even though UK is the location.

8. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Post from April

thesmokingm and Oneirokritis like this.
  9. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    If Ruiz doesn't abide by the conditions of the signed contract, then Hearn will take them to court, and win every penny. Why would Haymon create a difficult situation for everyone if he's confident in his fighter???

Robney likes this.
  10. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    This is what people aren’t getting, Haymon is clever and powerful of course. But by being clever and powerful, he knows his man has a chance of earning even more millions and will want Ruiz to carry on that momentum and beat AJ again which he has every chance to do.

11. bruce_keyes

Feb 9, 2008
    I hear you, but I'm not sure what u mean by "clever and powerful".... Are u hinting he is corrupt AF and willing to pay off the alphabet organizations ??? Yeah I get it, Ruiz won fair and square, but Matchroom/Hearn gave him the opportunity on Matchrooms terms. I don't have any legal background, and I obviously don't have the contract, but I don't see how this fight will be LESS profitable for Haymon if it's held at Wembley in front of 90k (guaranteed to be sold out) huge PPV numbers too... Vegas? sure, that would be awesome too... I think everyone is super-hyped for this rematch. will be crazy.

12. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    The whole "just breach contract or find a loophole" thing just baffles me, like they can just do that and get away with it.

13. bruce_keyes

Feb 9, 2008
    exactly! I mean, if Povetkin can win a huge settlement against Haymon, even AFTER he tested positive for Peds, Hearn will take Haymon to the cleaners... It's not worth all the headache for Haymon IMO

Robney and UKboxingfan like this.
  14. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    And you got imbeciles like Stephen A Smith calling him Butterbean. He has an amazing combination of agility energy speed stamina and power for a Heavyweight. And he obviously works real hard in the gym. It annoys me how anybody can be so ignorant and can disrespect this man by calling him Butterbean like he's just some coach potato who doesn't train or some BS.

15. boxingscience

boxingscience Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Money talks. It'll be in England.