Ruiz Jr vs Joshua 2

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by notjustacasual, Jun 3, 2019.

Pick a winner

1. Ruiz jr

51 vote(s)
    47.2%
  2. Joshua

57 vote(s)
    52.8%
  1. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Well it's probably going to be happening at the end of the year so may as well get people's early predictions.

Off night for AJ, or can he just not hope to beat Ruiz Jr?

2. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    It's not going to happen.

tdf1974 likes this.
  3. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I'm not saying it critically but boxing is such a weird sport when you think about your final sentence. A guy who beat all the fighters he faced suddenly can not hope to beat Andy Ruiz? Really?

BigStiffIdiot and ryanm8655 like this.
  4. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    If there is a rematch clause, where do they stand legally if they decide not to fight AJ next?

5. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    I don’t know why they’d do it. Ruiz will seriously fancy himself again, he’ll be the one with all the confidence and he’d get more money than any other fight with the new terms.

More eyes will be on the rematch and Ruiz has a chance to make himself an even bigger name.

Joshua is the one with all the pressure and has to go to the trenches mentally to find it in himself to beat Ruiz.

Gatekeeper, Twentyman and 305th like this.
  6. Emerald Oracle

Emerald Oracle Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    He was exposed, completely taken apart. It will happen again and again each time he goes in with a capable boxer who isn't pushing or over forty years of age or when the referee isn't stopping his opponent working on the inside.

7. Tony Belloo

Tony Belloo Member Full Member

Jul 27, 2018
    As soon as Ruiz hits Joshua on the chin the fights over, I'm not saying he will get knocked clean out but he will just start to unravel as he did in the first fight. The legs will go, the defence will go and it will get stopped by the ref and he will ether retire or go on to be David Price mark II.

8. notjustacasual

Jun 3, 2019
    I'm not saying I think that, but many on here such as Jurgen are hinting at the Klitschko, Whyte, Parker, Takam and Povetkin wins all being flukes or fixes and the reality is Ruiz Jr is just levels above Anthony Joshua

Everyone is entitled to an opinion I guess

BigStiffIdiot likes this.
  9. Emerald Oracle

Emerald Oracle Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Ruiz will also have a full training camp in preparation for his world title defence so will only be better, he took the biggest fight of his life to date on short notice, let's not forget that.

Clarence Gianni likes this.
  10. notjustacasual

Jun 3, 2019
    So are you saying Joshua is just a domestic level fighter really?

Should he be looking at fighting the winner of Pricey vs Dave Allen in a 50/50 pick em?

Because if he has no hope of beating Ruiz then he's not world level.

BigStiffIdiot likes this.
  11. notjustacasual

Jun 3, 2019
    Danger with Ruiz is he gets content and gains 50lbs in the next 6 months.

That's a very real risk with a guy like him, and his team are going to have to keep him on the straight and narrow because you KNOW he's already hitting the coronas and tacos

12. Tony Belloo

Tony Belloo Member Full Member

Jul 27, 2018
    I didn't exactly say that though did I, If he loses the rematch he really doesn't have any where else to go after having being built up as this great heavyweight his creditably will have been destroyed and will probably have been humiliated into retirement or fight on as David Price has done.

13. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    tbf he had just fought dimitrenko and straight back into camp like another poster said more worrying if he puts on alot of weight celebrating his win...

Scary thing is if any1 listens to the 3 knockdown podcast he was on it a few months ago talkin about how he would like a few fights 2019 try build up sum victories get into top 10 and build up towards a potential world title shot next next year. How things change

14. notjustacasual

Jun 3, 2019
    Well you keep saying he's the new David Price so yeah, in a round about way you are saying that.

15. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I’ve picked Ruiz if he rematches him in the coming months. If he has a break, has a couple of tick-overs and really comes to terms with this loss then I think he could see him off next year.

Aydamn, moog and Gatekeeper like this.