Ruiz V Joshua 2

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Heisenberg, Nov 30, 2019.

Who ya got?

1. Ruiz by KO

40.8%
  2. Ruiz on PTS

0.8%
  3. The Draw

0.8%
  4. Joshua by KO

35.2%
  5. Joshua on PTS

22.4%
  1. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Who will be staying/waking up for Eubank Korobov?

Jurgen likes this.
  2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Ruiz - I put too much weight on and didn’t train that hard. No **** Sherlock!!!

Now he has another few million in the bank I doubt we ever see the bloke under 300lbs again, if ever in the ring

TBC-ASAP and Scissors like this.
  3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I think you’re right about the rematch. Joshua adapted in the rematch whereas Ruiz didn’t. He brought more of the same. It was a bit Leonard vs Duran 2 in a way because one needed to exchange to have a chance of winning, the other used their boxing IQ, footwork and speed. He used all 22 feet of that ring.

4. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    After that gash card, I am looking forward to some decent boxthing tonight.

Jnr will do well to get the win tonight

SambaKing1993 likes this.
  5. murphman22

murphman22 Active Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Fight summed up in five points:

Joshua boxed well, that was the predictable game plan and worked. Helped enormously by Ruiz’ condition.

Ruiz disgraced himself with his shape. He’s not a body beautiful but the numbers on the scales were alarming and played out in the ring. He deserves all the criticism he gets.

Zero chance of an immediate rematch. No point and won’t sell. Ruiz has a great chin, Joshua hit him flush in 12 and didn’t budge him. AJ won’t want to have to fight like that again and that’s close to the only way he can beat Ruiz.

Joshua needs to stay at this weight. Will be difficult to beat. That roided up physique offers no value.

Ruiz may never fight again. Fat mess tonight, talented but doesn’t care enough and earnt shed loads. Won’t get to face AJ again imo, so where will they slot him in? Maybe Wilder with the Hayman link up but when will that be and what shape will he be in then?! He’ll be 350 pounds by the end of Christmas!

kojak likes this.
  6. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Congrats to AJ, boxed very well and stayed cool throughout. He's back and Eddie's golden goose still has a few more golden eggs in him yet.

Ruiz let himself down, biggest fight of his life and he didn't train or prepare properly (?), if he doesn't get a trilogy and the payday that comes with it only got himself to blame, baffling really what must have been going through his head the last few months.

kojak likes this.
  7. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    It's a chess match. He can't stand in the pocket taking Ruiz's special combinations. That would be daft.

8. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Those Sky Box Office mugths will buy anything - Eh day says and they press the button.

9. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I read on here that Joshua doesn’t have a jab.

10. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Ruiz said he didn't want to give excuses...then gave some.

I didn't expect it to go quite like that but a Parker type performance would always give him a chance and so it proved.

Joshua hinted at there is excuses for the first fight but he'll wait until his career is done. Until then it'll just be a weird blip in his career so far.

11. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Jab the flab mate

12. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    shut up you, you Tory ****.

Jurgen likes this.
  13. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Your are an ex pat on here so fook off to the yanks forum :pancarta:

14. Bridie mcmahon

Bridie mcmahon Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Bow down you shits...king joshua of the house of hearn.

Scissors likes this.
  15. Carlton Cole

Carlton Cole Member banned Full Member

Aug 4, 2016
    I’m still chuffed for the man. Over the years Iv been labelled an AJ hater because technically I thought he was lacking. He proved me and I’m sure a lot of other people wrong tonight. He still looks uncfomy clinching but I think it’s a bit of an analomy. I still believe he is better rumbling inside than boxing from a distance, as people say styles make fights, he come up against someone more proficient inside. He won’t have to fall in an clinch against either Tyson or wilder Because as he steps/falls in he has nothing to worry about an can go to work. He may find tys negating and tying him up but I tell u now if Deontay finds aj on his chest it’s light out, and it’s light out quickly

Scissors likes this.