Ruiz v Joshua II undercard

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Rumoured fights so far

Beefy vs Vargas
    Hunter vs Povetkin or Price (likely to be latter)
    Scott Quigg vs Jono Carroll
    Whyte

305th likes this.
  2. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Will be interested to see whether they do actually have any female fights on the card, have they said anything about that yet?

3. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    I’m totally against women’s boxing on these cards regardless of whether it’s saudi or not.

They’re put on the card for equal rights not because of their ability. Katie Taylor’s fights aren’t good to watch, they aren’t entertaining and the skill level is low compared to their male counterparts.

They’re pretending Taylor is headlining a show to at the Manchester Arena. Let’s be honest, how many people are buying tickets because Katie is on the card? Probably about 40/50 max.

4. Carlton Cole

Carlton Cole Member banned Full Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Disagree
    Disagree there scissors, I find her very entertaining and good to watch. Clearly there’s a disparity in skill level, and a real abundance of jab straight left hook combos thrown, but I have to say she was the best fight to watch when I was at the millennium stadium for the Takam fight. Although a robbery I also enjoyed her blood and guts tear up when I was out in NYC. All a matter of opinion I guess.

pow and Mitch87 like this.
  5. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    No chance. Whether Hearn admits it or not, they have enough culture issues to deal with as it is fighting out in Saudi- why would Hearn give himself any more hurdles than necessary by booking a women’s fight.

6. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    I agree - I have no interest in it personally as a spectacle. Under usual circumstances I'd have absolutely no interest.

The reason I would be interested is because there are so many doubters about the location because of the ethics, it would be quite a big statement if they managed to get a female fight on the cards.

Suspect.chin and Holler like this.
  7. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    The undercard will be crap for this I’m guessing with as little spent on it as possible as all the buys will be for the main fight so doesn’t need an undercard

8. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    I think with the extra money involved they can afford to put on a very decent undercard with minimal damage to the main event purses. I’m expecting a solid card.

9. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    Agreed. If cleared, I'm hoping to see Dillian Whyte on there. Shame Usyk is fighting in October because it would've been great to have him on there too.

With the money involved it needs to be a mega undercard - not just the usual Okolie, Buatsi, Taylor etc

Scissors likes this.
  10. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Spot on 100% TRUTH

Women's boxing is being shoehorned onto mens boxing cards due to gender identify politics, and not because there is any demand for it.

The women should have their own events, just like they do for other sports. They shouldn't shoehorned into the mens sport for political reasons.

Scissors and velagod like this.
  11. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Not even 40% I would say 20%, most are going for crolla.

12. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    No I’m talking 40/50 people maximum are going to watch the women’s boxing. Not percentages.

velagod likes this.
  13. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Hunter-Povetkin was the exciting fight going in, soon as I saw Price's name on Hunter's poll, well I guess the writing is on the wall. I was dead against it and I still think it would be a waste of time but I'm always keen to watch Price so I'm not that annoyed in truth.
    Quigg-Caroll is alright. I like Beefy-Vargas

Not interesting in any women's fights being on there. If they are, then whatever, hopefully it encourages more women to box, but I'll be making my dinner when that fight is on. If a fight isn't likely to have drama or a KO, then I want skill; these fights typically have none of that

14. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Disagree, I don't mind them on the undercard. Would prefer to watch Taylor Vs Peersoons rather than Hughie the skirt, Ant Crolla, Ricky Burns, or most of the can crushing undercard fights

ipitythefool likes this.
  15. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Ah yes the famous Matchroom undercards that start out as good fights that could main event on their own and end up as Matchroom fighter in a 'learning' fight.