Ruiz v Joshua II undercard

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Sep 18, 2019.

1. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    With a earlier than normal main event i'm not expecting much of a under card. It simply doesn't need one tbh. The fight is a big enough draw alone. Nobody is buying for a final eliminator type fight that night

2. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    If Quigg v Carroll happens i reckon it will be a fight of the year contender. It's a fight I have wanted to see for ages as their styles will gel perfectly. Would have been a great Saturday fight night main event.

Wizbit1013 and Scissors like this.
  3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Would be perfect for that Manchester card in reality.

moog and Gazanta87 like this.
  4. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Katie Taylor is a fantastic sportswoman and boxer.

Not to acknowledge that is extremely talented is nuts.

Tonto62, NasalSpray and ryanm8655 like this.
  5. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    She is. I don’t debate that but compared to men shes not very good.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  6. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    I wasn't a fan of women boxing but her fight at MSG was brilliant and entertaining.

I think it is a bit of boxing snobbery to turn our noses up at fights of that quality , men boxers can put on stinkers.

Would you rather watch Taylor v Persoon or Okolie v Askin?

ryanm8655 likes this.
  7. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    I know who Liam Smith should be really facing...KELL BROOK. Kell needs a fight, and needs one now otherwise his career is in trouble. He's still got something left in him. Smith could be used as a warm-up for a world title at 154. If he won a title at 154 he can retire on a high...but instead he's stuck on the sofa doing nothing, waiting for a pointless Khan fight which is never going to happen.

8. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    I reckon Kel Brook will headline a Sheffield show in November with Galahad in that eliminator on the undercard.

9. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    I’d rather watch Katie Taylor than a lot of male boxers. You seen Okolie fight?

I don’t think you can say you hate women’s boxing as a boxing fan. The higher profile women’s boxing becomes the better it will become in future. I can understand not wanting to watch boxers that aren’t entertaining but there are plenty of dull to watch male fighters...

10. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Oh haha, yeah to be honest even when I said 20% I thought I was being generous.

11. AdRoc

AdRoc New Member Full Member

Sep 6, 2019
    Smith as a warm-up!! Are you serious? Brook has one decent win on his record and that's Porter. Smith still has the hunger and ability to win a world title. Brook hasn't so the only logical fight is, as you say, the pointless Khan which is years past it's sell by date

12. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    That's like me asking would you rather watch any random selection of Golovkin's fights or Taylor's? Men put on plenty of stinkers but there's always the possibility of a highlight reel KO at the end. Don't have that feeling with women's boxing. The only good thing about it is that the rounds are shorter

13. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Depending who has banned Whyte, is this why he might fight in Saudi? Not allowed in the UK but can there?

Furious likes this.
  14. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    She's better than probably 50% of the boxers on Matchroom shows. Dave Allen, David Price, Conor Benn, Sam Eggington, Ted Cheeseman, none of these guys can box for ****.

15. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014