Ruiz v Joshua II

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Jul 31, 2019.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I dunno Dave, maybe.

2. Fanta Punch

Fanta Punch New Member banned Full Member

Jul 30, 2016
    That’s my cover blown...

3. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Probably not the only thing you have blown

Jurgen, 305th and CutThroatFade like this.
  4. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    He didn’t say he would whoop Ruiz. He was saying part of his mentality is to fight wherever Ruiz wants cos he thinks he can beat him. But another part of him wants to fight in the UK. Say what you want about AJ but he’s earned my respect with the way he’s conducted himself following this loss.

5. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Robbed my line!

Twentyman and Unforgiven like this.
  6. Fanta Punch

Fanta Punch New Member banned Full Member

Jul 30, 2016
    Your dads ****?

7. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Perhaps me just being cynical.. at face value I agree with you. But I know that AJ is a multi-million-pound investment who has a highly paid PR team behind him. They'd have worked out a strategy for how he should behave, the statements that he and the promoter need to make etc.. in the event of a loss to make him come across as well as possible. They've done a great job post-Ruiz and have definitely earned their money.

I could be being totally over-cynical here - but I'm so used to his career being staged managed that I can't see him as an authentic personality.

305th and Citizen Smith like this.
  8. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    "I want to do it for the fans in the UK"

Can you imagine a more soulless empty location for a Heavyweight World title fight.

Would be sick if this fight happened there.

9. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    If that’s the case then he’s keeping up this act brilliantly lol. I mean we all act differently in our personal lives than we do it our work lives. Perhaps I should just commend him on acting professionally. Probably deep down Joshua wants to say I can’t believe I lost to this fat ******* and make up a load of excuses lol. But he is getting straight back in with a guy who beat him from pillar to post so I give him props for that. I mean if he losss again his career is effectively over...

10. Tyson Furry

Tyson Furry Member Full Member

Nov 27, 2017
    He also talked about defining moments in a career. Ruiz2 will be that (as apposed to the first fight - seen by everyone, including AJ as a walkover).

AJ looked pissed off to me - frustrated by the Ruiz loss, his attitude to the fight and the aftermath. He ll take that frustration out on Ruiz & with his legacy on the line, don’t think you have to worry about his passion for the fight.

11. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    "Walking out in Cardiff in front of 70, 80, 90 thousand people screaming and rooting for you to win, that type of energy that goes through your body is unstoppable and I think that could give me the little bit of edge I need to win those belts."

Saudi Arabia would be a nightmare for Joshua. Library atmosphere. You could hear a pin drop during Groves v Smith.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    Suspect.chin likes this.
  12. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Bookies are offering odds on the venue.

Principality Stadium 4/5
    Any Saudi venue 11/10
    MSG 20/1
    Any Las Vegas venue 25/1
    Wembley 28/1
    Any Mexican venue 28/1
    Nigeria 33/1

13. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    No that was the shoulder of Groves falling to pieces before he collected his PPV loot

YearZero likes this.
  14. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Hopefully Mexico or Nigeria - would be fun.

Failing that, MSG, Las Vegas or perhaps the Staples Centre.

15. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Hearn said it will be Cardiff or a neutral venue. Ruiz has ruled out the UK and has links to both America and Mexico and Joshua has links to Nigeria so that leaves Saudi Arabia. Rumble in Riyadh it is (Mecca of boxing).

Suspect.chin likes this.