Ruiz v Joshua II

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Jul 31, 2019.

1. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Jeeeez the PBC brigade are fuming that it’s been exposed that Ruiz and Haymon aren’t as clever as they think. Calm it down lads, I’m sure Ruiz will get more than 9 million.

2. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    I still don't think it will. Said it from the beginning. I expect an "injury" to occur somewhere in the mix from either side and the negotiations to break down and for Ruiz to continue to brand build stateside and for AJ to embark on a series of "road back" cans in Wembley including literally Dave Allen and David Price.

If it's one thing we've learned from the Whyte saga, MR will not let their prizefighters complete with anything other than silly favourable conditions. The idea that they'll let their biggest, symbolic cash cow embark on a literal career deciding bout with someone he's already been bashed about by and whose backed by far more influence than them is laughable.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    Furious likes this.
  3. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    It does feel like cash out time for AJ and Eddie.
    There was a post earlier today and sorry but I cannot remember who but he said he wanted to watch the match even if it was on the moon - and he's not far off. Eddie's shooting for the stars.

305th likes this.
  4. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Ruiz is acting like a diva? He’s unified champion of the world. Some people talk about him like he’s intruded on the heavyweight scene, yet he’s been around for a few years and he’s now got a pretty decent resume’ when you think about it. He retweeted something which I thought was bang on which was something like ’it takes years of hard work and dedication to become an overnight success’.

Look at how much of a diva Joshua and his team are, “the fight will happen where we want it to happen”, “you beat Joshua you get the keys to the castle” **** off , you get 10% of the rematch purse and the attitude from his fans is that he signed the contract, so he should put up and shut up.

5. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    That's an answer that feeds the greed machine. There's enough greed and corruption in the sport. It's rampant.

It's very simple for such unfair rematch clauses to be eradicated from the sport. Wouldn't it be nice if every now and again the integrity of the sport was preserved somewhat.

I don't care if you're Muhammad Floyd Mayweather Ali; if you have no belts you don't deserve 90% of a fight purse against the unified heavyweight champion of the world.

Pompey Junglist likes this.
  6. 305th

Apr 28, 2018
    That's the thing though bud, to MRFC he is an intruder regardless of his pedigree. Most of them are clearly kids or lads in their twenties who are unironically football fans who literally can't remember anything before Eddie and iFL. Their posts reek of life inexperience and "my dad says" tier shite.

They don't remember Lewis, Benn, Eubank, Hatton, Calzaghe, Bruno or watching boxing on ITV Sport on a Saturday night. All they know is coke-fuelled, Coors-light tinged crazy, hazy nights singing Sweet Caroline celebrating yet another fantastic KO win from their MR fighter of choice.

7. Citizen Smith

Jul 12, 2019
    That asks a good question about rematch clauses and their crazy nature.

Original Mike was fined 5k for coming into the ring with black trunks against Berbick, as they are usually afforded to the champ. 5k to make a statement in that match was chump change. Fighters are often fined for not making agreed weight close to the fight - which is outside of rules but as a contract between the fighters it is often breached. If team Andy are fined x amount, what do they care? They hold not only the best hand, but the only hand.

8. Fanta Punch

Fanta Punch New Member banned Full Member

Jul 30, 2016
    What’s even worse than all that is the fact that it so clearly eats you up inside.... a middle aged man getting upset about a load of teenage football fans... I don’t know who’s worse...

9. Citizen Smith

Jul 12, 2019
    That comment has zero substance, other than flaming.

305th likes this.
  10. 305th

Apr 28, 2018
    Why would seeing your paymaster and his fans humiliated "eat me up inside"? I've been like a pig in the proverbial since June 1st. This is genuinely the truth, I literally smiled from ear to ear for 3 days after your hero got himself bounced around the ring like a human pinball. Everyday I get up and find out what new part of the empire is coming crashing down in flames.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  11. Fanta Punch

Jul 30, 2016
    Is this supposed to convince me that it ISNT eating you up inside?

TonyHayers likes this.
  12. 305th

Apr 28, 2018
    I'd say you're doing a fair show of that what with your slightly biased stance against anyone not bowing at the feet of the Brentwood Emporers.

BTW, how dat Whyte mandatory spot coming on?

Below is literally me everyday in my local park since June 1st

This content is protected

CutThroatFade likes this.
  13. Fanta Punch

Jul 30, 2016
    If you were really happy you wouldn’t have to try and convince me of it...

14. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Looks like we’re both the object his affections mate. He must have been kicked off Grindr. Probably best sticking him on ignore.

305th and CutThroatFade like this.
  15. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    It’s team Ruiz own fault for not having the foresight/confidence/savvy when agreeing the first contract.

I’ve got a fixed rate mortgage. I’d love to change it now but I can’t, I’m signed in unfortunately, that’s what I agreed to