Ruiz vs Wilder

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by kriszhao, Dec 7, 2019.

Who would win

Poll closed Dec 14, 2019.
  1. Wilder KO

58.3%
  2. Ruiz KO

41.7%
  3. Wilder Dec

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ruiz Dec

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. kriszhao

kriszhao Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 8, 2008
    I think it would be an interesting fight wilder can punch Ruiz can take a punch wilder cannot control distance and Ruiz would need to be on the inside.

So what do you think would happen?

2. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Looking at the highlights of this fight...seems AJ figured he can win from the outside. Watching a fat guy goading him in the last 20 seconds of the fight to stand toe to toe center of ring was proof enough he won the 1st fight because AJ went for the kill, was on the inside and got caught with shot to the chin, head, top of head an behind the ears.

I see no reason for Deontay to fight on the inside, let alone not fighting tall, rather staying on the outside, and force Andy to reach and or lunge.

3. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Wilder is a sniper type long range fighter.

He would easily catch Ruiz from range and stop him.

Ruiz is never ever going to be as motivated as he was mentally for the 1st AJ fight. I think from this point on he is just going to get fatter and fatter and retire without fighting for another title.

MorvidusStyle likes this.
  4. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    Andy Ruiz would be smart to lose 25 lbs, obtain the services of a good trainer, like Buddy McGirt, who would get on him to work out and be in top notch shape, get sparring partners to imitate Wilder. And for Pete's sake, lay off of the Snicker's. Deontay Wilder will probably box from the outside, looking to crash home his lethal right hand to the jaw of Ruiz. It could turn out to be a good fight, but I see a late stoppage, round 10, for Wilder, unless he decides to slug it out with Andy, who can punch, but I would like to see Ruiz fight Ortiz first.

5. Thecheckjab

Thecheckjab Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2018
    If he gets in shape he has a chance. But I expect him to be like Odlanier Solis. Guy who gets little money loses motivation and just eats and parties. Thats how most people would do in Andys position so not blaming him.

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  6. Mordechai

Mordechai Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Quite difficult fight. Wilder is lazy and let's fighters close to him, in this situation ruiz would smack him good, cause the fat boy, has unusually fast and extremely heavy hands. And in close distance he would completely destroy wilder. But if wilder fights disciplined as in his fight with stiverne 1, then he will keep ruiz at bay and probably ko him with a right hand.
    But if he thinks he hurts ruiz and goes in for the kill, where wilder is uncoordinated and reckless and gets close, then ruiz can absolutely knock wilder out

7. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I would love to see this.

anjawnaymiz likes this.