Rulsan Chagev vs Matt Skelton

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by robpalmer135, Nov 26, 2007.

1. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    Frank Warren claimed that he is close to pulling this one off!!!

Skelton is not ranked in the top 15 by the WBA so surley he can't get a title shot right???

I would imagine the fight would be in Eastern Europe and not in England right?

Good luck to Skelton I certainly would not bet against him but i feel Chagev is the most under rated of the H/W champs. Theres no way Skelton can't win using bully tactics and hes fighting a guy who beat a 7ft 350lbs Valuev last time out.

I bet you if Skelton wins he will offer the fight to Haye, as long as there are options on Haye, Warren would do anything to sign Haye!!!

2. madpup

madpup Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    If this happens, I envisage something similar to Chagaev vs Valuev fight, however with an even more convincing win for Chagaev. Chagaev will come inside and land some big punches. Skelton is a tough cookie though and will survive the 12 rounds. I can not see Skelton hurting Chagaev, as Skelton is so limited and I have been impressed with Chagaev's defence from what I have seen.

3. madpup

Apr 7, 2007
  4. madpup

Apr 7, 2007
  5. madpup

Apr 7, 2007
  6. robpalmer135

Jun 29, 2007
    i think we got the point!

7. UKFightFan

UKFightFan Member Full Member

Oct 24, 2007
    If Skelton wins the title then it really will show how bad the division is.

If he does win though it will be interesting to see if Haye does take the fight and what stipulations Warren puts in place.

8. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    1. No problem, most of Erdei's or Maccas opponents weren't in the TOP15 weeks before the fight. If Kohl (Universum Box Promotion, German promoter) and Warren come to terms, he WILL be in the TOP15.

2. Germany or England. Chagaev is not a big draw in Germany, so it's not impossible that it will be held in England. Is Skelton a big draw in the UK?

9. robpalmer135

Jun 29, 2007
    The draw would be the H/W title not Skelton. If its in the UK id give Skelton a shot!

10. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Chagaev hasn't been in action since his April win over Valuev - he was due to unify with Ibragimov but pulled out due to illness.

If fight with Skelton goes ahead it is likely to be in Feb/March 2008.