Rummy's Corner: Top 50 Most Spectacular KOs

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Rumsfeld, Jun 13, 2011.

1. hugo1981

hugo1981 training partner Full Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Lzolnier:

I know David took some big shots in this fight, but the refs decision to stop it when he did, didn't make that much sense either. This is what happens when a no name ref is put into a big fight; it's either lack of experience or he's been paid off or influenced in other ways to stack the deck in favour of the house fighter. The irony is that Golovkin is the least likely fighter to even need that kind of "help".

He should not be DQ'd because he is GGG, the new main HBO star of boxing, living now in USA and fighting a french-canadian fighter...

It's clear that in the fifth round, that GGG was rushing to get out of Lemieux... GGG has superb reflex but was not able to see that Lemieux in front of him was a kneedown... And the referee is samply priceless, look at his face when he sees that Lemieux is on his knee and Golovkin prepare to land and after to GGG- Hey, don't do that, it 's not OK !!
    The house referee also don't see many rabitt punch landed by triple G.
    and ask the doctor to take a look at Lemieux bleeding nose... bleeding nose in boxing are as commun as rain in november...

Lemieux was totally dominated in this fight but until the end, he was able to land isolated big shots that force Golovkin to be cautious and not trade with him. And Lemieux was not in danger when the referree stops the fight, it look's like more a kind of british stoppage...
    Lemieux after the fight said that his plan was to try to catch Golovkin in the last rounds but the referree decided that Golovkin made enough to catch the IBF belt.From beginning to end, it was typical, sometimes horrible house refereeing and as lzolnier said, GGG in theory don't need this kind of help but I hink that Golovkin as dominant he was, was relieved when the referee decided to stop the fight... and HBO was happy too.... no DQ and a victory for the main attraction.

2. RazzAxx

RazzAxx Active Member Full Member

May 20, 2011
    Claiming a DQ for this is a joke and makes the claimer even bigger joke. This happens all the time in boxing. Lemieux was not affected by the touch of glove while he was on his knee suddenly.

This is a joke of a thread.

3. Doc Everlast

Doc Everlast Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Shaw-Hi M.D Ph.D :D

4. Doc Everlast

Aug 23, 2013
    Arguable the worst DQ I ever seen in a similar

5. Doc Everlast

Aug 23, 2013
    Arguably the worst DQ I ever seen in a similar situation was when Joe Cortez disqualified Humberto Soto after he grazed Francisco Lorenzo.

Could somebody embed this video for me? Thanks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfmFGQfFIoI

6. BeastsideBoxing

BeastsideBoxing "The Thrill" Gavril Full Member

Apr 3, 2011
  7. Doc Everlast

Aug 23, 2013
    Thanks

8. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Good refereeing according to the ESB.

9. Doc Everlast

Aug 23, 2013
    Joe Cortez is the biggest fock up of a referee that boxing has ever seen.

10. BeastsideBoxing

BeastsideBoxing "The Thrill" Gavril Full Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Why you say that. Most peoples say Golovkin should not been DQ'ed but considering the past examples was in danger of being so. Also the referee did a **** job by not acknowledging the fault at all and continuing the count as nothing happened. I saw the replay and Lemiux was wobbly a little after that punch, so he should have been given more then 10 seconds, to recuperate.

11. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    I know I am just joking, most people have been reasonable (of course we're all just GGG fans and racists). There's only been a few people who said it should be a DQ and they're all part of the same group of people who always **** on GGG.

12. David HEY!!!

David HEY!!! Guest

This thread has :| written all over it.

This is what happens when you are Peter Kid Chocolate in his Underpants" Quillen fan.

The level of school girl is unreal. Too good to lose at the hands of another fighter so hope that he loses on a technicality.

:patsch

13. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Golovkin has no history of being dirty and has displayed good sportsmanship in the past. I don't think it was intentional I think it was just more a case of over eagerness on his part after he'd made the breakthrough and finally hurt Lemieux. Up until that point he'd been on a leash patiently boxing to orders to the game plan Abel Sanchez had laid out for him and when he hurt Lemieux with that body shot I think he instinctively let himself of the leash to go for the kill.

Don't forget that he's had to wait a very long time for the opportunity to take part in unification match ups, even though he's been deserving of them for a long time, so that too might have contributed to his over eagerness. Like I said, he has no history of ever being a dirty fighter so he deserves the benefit of the doubt in this instance.

That said, it was still a foul and the ref should've deducted a point and given Lemieux time to recover. Credit to Lemieux for not trying to milk it though. He may well could have won by disqualification had he started doing some theatrics and if that were the case he would've become a unified champion in the process too.

14. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I'm tickled pink by the engaging commentary in this thread.

Thanks to everyone who watched and contributed.

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

15. Doc Everlast

Aug 23, 2013
    You know if Golovkin had a reputation of being a dirty fighter then people might a squawked more for a DQ. But Golovkin is such a clean fighter. I only counted 2 clinches in the whole fight. That's amazing in this day and age where al most every fighter has to clinch to win a fight. Bravo GGG! :D