Rummy's Corner: Top 50 Most Spectacular KOs

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Rumsfeld, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Yep! Even after Tyson lost the title to Douglas, he fought 2 more times that same year, and then 2 times the following year with a 3rd fight scheduled, that was derailed following an injury.

2. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Excellent vid Rumsfeld, watched it all in one go.

Rumsfeld likes this.
  3. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Excellent work Rums!

Due to my own time restraints i haven't finished it but will soon... I have to say I am impressed! Awesome job.

Would def watch another series of this on another division or decade. Im sure its a ton of work but hope you do more.

Ive got a dumb dinky small facebook boxing page ill share this to... probably wont add many more views but ill try.

Great job

Rumsfeld likes this.
  4. Rumsfeld

Jul 19, 2004

Thanks kirk!

:beer-toast1:

5. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    You think you would make another one for another weight or another decade (or both lol)? Im sure it was a ton of work but damn its good stuff.

Rumsfeld likes this.
  6. Blackclouds

Blackclouds Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 9, 2013
    I enjoyed the 90's Heavyweight video. Good stuff. You should do one on the 2000's Heavyweights except, put the gun on safety and keep it locked in the safety box.

Rumsfeld likes this.
  7. Rumsfeld

Jul 19, 2004
    Yeah, that was quite a time consuming endeavor. It took me like 10x longer than I was expecting.

I will definitely try another one at some point. But unfortunately that's bound to be later rather than sooner.

kirk likes this.
  8. JoffJoff

JoffJoff Regular Junkie Full Member

Jan 25, 2017
    This 90's HW video is great. I remembered a lot of things differently and jumbled up time-wise so i learned a lot. Thanks a lot for making this, hope you get round to making others.

A couple of observations;

Ray Mercer was a baaaad mofo and had a face to match.

It's a shame Bowe retired so young. I feel like he may have been a real challenge to Lewis dominance - although it would seem either Riddick or his handlers didn't share that belief. Still an interesting what if…

Having Manny Steward in your corner seemed almost like an unfair advantage .

90's heavyweights were a bunch of basket cases, so many bizarre incidents - Tyson Fury is in the wrong era.

Rumsfeld likes this.
  9. Rumsfeld

Jul 19, 2004
    This content is protected

drenlou and DoubleJab666 like this.
  10. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Good work Rummy! Nothing much I can add to that other than watching the beginning when you outlined the history of 35+ former champs regaining their title it would seem - although still a rarity - it has become more commonplace and most of the examples are from the modern era of the sport. And this is another factor which makes the case for a Wlad win more convincing.

I just have this nagging doubt that Matchroom have timed this perfectly, that the mental scars from the Fury loss will remain, and even if AJ won't be able to exploit the same tactics, he might benefit from the psychological damage of that loss. I think the first few rounds will be key. If Wlad can establish his usual control, his confidence will most like return and the effects of the Fury loss will fade. If, however, he remains gun-shy, or ring rust is evident, he could retreat back into his shell and this would be fatal to his chances of winning.

As you rightly identify, we know what AJ can and will do. It's what Wlad does - or more pertinently, what he can still do - which will decide this fight.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    Rumsfeld and drenlou like this.
  11. tommyg6

tommyg6 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 30, 2015
    Hey Rummy, can u do more videos like your 90s heavyweight video but different subjects also?

Rumsfeld likes this.
  12. Ahurath

Ahurath Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Watching this made me realise that I probably liked the 90's heavyweight the era the most. SO many good fighters and the top 10 felt really stacked.

Rumsfeld likes this.
  13. Hogified05

Hogified05 Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Big fan of the videos Rummy. Someone needs to give you a boxing show!

Rumsfeld likes this.
  14. Rumsfeld

Jul 19, 2004
    This content is protected

15. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Great recap Rums!
    Nowadays that fight would have been stopped in the 1st, and Durelle would have a TKO1 victory over a great. Also being saved by the bell in the 10th while still down is impossible in today's boxing.
    I sometimes wonder how some fights would have went when placed in another time and/or location. Also, with different rulesets some fights would have ended completely different. The 3 KD rule in effect, saved by the bell in any round or just in the final one, are the ones that are the clearest and would have many fights in history go the other way entirely.

I finally subscribed by the way Rummy :yaay

Rumsfeld likes this.