Rumor: Couture vs. Nog Next!!!!

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by BewareofDawg, Aug 27, 2007.

1. BewareofDawg

BewareofDawg P4P Champ Full Member

Apr 8, 2006
    In the event the UFC can't get Fedor, it is rumored that Nog will be next in line for Couture.

I think this is a very intriguing and can be a great matchup.

Thoughts....

2. ufoalf

ufoalf Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Couture, Nog is beaten up half blind all kinds of injured man. Couture is at his best right now.

3. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Very interesting bout. Nog simply cant be hurt.Iv seen that guy take the kind of punishment that isnt humane.Couture surely wont be able to hurt him but on the mat and on his back his probably better than Randy.But then again Nog doesnt seem to fare well against wrestlers.His lost to Barnett Hendo and Fedor twice.Im on the fence with this one as these days Randy can seem to do no wrong.

4. WiDDoW_MaKeR

WiDDoW_MaKeR ESB Hall of Fame Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Big Nog is not half blind. He wouldn't pass a pre-fight physical in the United States if he was. He showed up at the Pride Tourny with a cataract on his eye, and that snowballed out of control.

5. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    If you want to be sure, bet on Couture.

6. Boinko

Boinko Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 2, 2004
    I will never bet against Couture again. I hedged with the Gonzaga fight, but I'm a full on believer now.

7. doefler182

doefler182 Member Full Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Nog woulda been tko'd against herring in their last fight if he had any kind of cardio. but yeah other than that B A kick nothin seems to hurt him

8. jimmie

jimmie Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    This is intresting before id say Nogs got better stand up but im not sure now as Randys boxing looks pretty good and the way he mixes wrestling and boxing together is insanse he transaltes from one to the other in a split secound and is so effective with it. I cant really imagine either guy being hurt on the feet Randys powers improved but Nogs chin is pretty hard and Randys chin at heavyweight is hard as a rock. I think if Randys going for a takedown on Nog he will get it for sure its what happens down there that makes you wonder in Barnett-Couture Barnett reversed the postion on a tired Couture and stopped him I think Nog can do the same as hes a hell of a grappler but you dont need me to tell any of you that. Randy has been submitted but that was years ago hes seemed to improve him submission skills over the years but agian all Nog needs is to see one small opening and next thing you know Nogs the first Pride/UFC Heavyweight Champion. But as Scur pointed out Nogs track record agianst wrestlers isnt great and Randys one of the best and he could very well have Nogs head bouncing of the mat agian. To me it likely depends on what happens down on the ground can Nog get a submission from his back or sweep Couture for a armbar ? Or can the ageless wonder smother Nog,Not give him any room to look for submissions and beat his head in for a stoppage win ? Great fight if Fedor cant happen this is the next best thing as Nogs the 2nd ranked Heavy in the world to me.