Rumors spinning that Eddie's April "Surprise" is Joshua-Klitschko II

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dubblechin, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Can you imagine if Eddie Hearn's "April Surprise" is Joshua-Wlad II in 2019?

Joshua against a 43-year-old who hasn't won a fight since 2015?

Are they just trying to 'cede' the #1 spot at heavyweight to the winner of Wilder-Fury II?

Are Hearn and Joshua THAT DESPERATE to try to turn the clock by to 2017 again, back when they were still confidently calling all the shots?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/b...rematch-Anthony-Joshua-hints-ring-return.html

Potato80 likes this.
  2. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Klitschko is still better than the Whyte/Chisora II winner. That said I don't think it happens.

3. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014

This content is protected

BitPlayerVesti and Jamzy ⭐ like this.
  4. DonTyson

DonTyson Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2018
    If this turns out to be true then Hearn and AJ deserve all the **** that’ll come their way. An 80% Fury, against his whole teams advise, went in against the biggest puncher in the game. Wilder wanted to prove he can hang with a far superior boxer and stepped up. AJ’s the guy with the belts, the onus is on him now to step up

Potato80 likes this.
  5. VicMcCoy

VicMcCoy Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Was a good fight first time around but ruined by all the staged #MutualRespect they insisted on doing. Still, guess the could probably drag *another* documentary out of a rematch.

Potato80 likes this.
  6. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Just a reminder of how classless and scummy that guy can be. Woman beater as well. Yet there are people on here who think he's a better person than the Klitschkos.

The Long Count and Up the gut like this.
  7. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
  8. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    It won't happen.

9. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    This is just because Hearn said in an IFL interview that Wlad had text Joshua saying he was getting the itch again. That's it.

Saying that mind would be hilarious if it was true.

Jamzy ⭐ likes this.
  10. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    AJs reputation would be destroyed if he looses to old Wlad. Last time Wlad almost KOed him

11. sid

sid Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Before giving AJ **** how would Wilder get on with Wlad? a fully fit Wlad gives any boxer a hard time win or lose.

12. Up the gut

Up the gut Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Yeah, but he's found God aint he !!!! He's been saved. I wet myself laughing when he talks about being reborn, it doesn't suit him at all lol

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  13. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    The smart money probably says Eddie is throwing smoke to increase AJ's perceived options and thus his negotiating position. If Wilder's team are playing hard to get Eddie can flirt with Wlad and get them to play ball. This is probably what's happening.

Still it may not be a Hearn stalking horse, maybe we shouldn't discount it entirely? Wlad tweeted that clip a few months ago of him in the ring. I don't think that was a purely random act. Then there was the repudiation of his former manager when he said that Wlad was retired and staying that way. Again, why publicly disavow a guy you worked with for years if what he's saying is right? Wlad and his brother never struck me as the sorts to do things without a reason?

There is a lot more money in the division at the moment than there's been in a long time and there's also a lot of mediocrity. Could a now rested and bored Wlad be tempted for one last dabble? Eddie has loads of dates in both Europe and the US, a string of fighters on call and Wlad remains a big name. Maybe jumping back in against AJ in April isnt feasible or wise, but a high profile exhibition fight on DAZN followed by a PR push may wring some value out of the Wlad brand?

Vykus and minemax like this.
  14. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    A 43-year-old Wlad - who hasn't won a fight in four years and is fighting because he likely lost a ton of money to his Hollywood wife in the divorce - LOSES to Wilder, Fury, Joshua, Usyk, Miller, Ortiz, Whyte, and any other top heavy you can think of at the moment.

Hell, if Chisora wins next week, I'd take him over old Wlad, too.

Wlad and Chisora signed to fight twice (I believe) and Wlad called off the fights both times. Just because Vitali outpointed Chisora doesn't mean Chisora wouldn't beat Wlad. Sanders and Puritty didn't beat Vitali, either. Hell, who knows if Wlad could've gone 12 with Vitali.

I thought Joshua might fight Usyk next. Man, you can't throw a rock at heavyweight and not hit a top fighter in his prime.

I give Hearn and Joshua a hard time on occasion, but this would be the ULTIMATE career misstep if it is the BIG announcement for April. I can't believe it was even brought up by those involved.

15. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    Couldn't disagree more about the "mediocrity" comment.

Arguably the two best fighters Wlad ever faced in his very long career were Joshua and Fury - in his last two fights.

It's arguable whether Wlad would've ever won a crown if he was 30 years old himself right now. It's a much tougher division now overall than the one he ruled over.

The Funny Man 7 likes this.