Run It Back: Mauricio Lara vs Leigh Wood 2 Build Up Doc

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Chuck Norris, May 19, 2023.

1. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    I know :) They don´t care.

Beale and Sonny1 like this.
  2. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    They really don’t and people who say otherwise aren’t much better.

Astro likes this.
  3. Sonny1

Mar 11, 2013
    Talking sense mate. A couple of these replies show just how little some people care about these boxers, it’s mental. Just a body to them, we better move on, we’ve got another show to promote next week. Yuck.

Beale and ALN93 like this.
  4. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    I agree that the fight shouldn’t go ahead. My point is that the Board said it was unsafe for Lara to make 126 and he has now weighed in at 129.6. The Board are the authority and can pull the fight whenever they want to which they could do if they think it’s unsafe. I’m saying that it’s bizarre so many people here are just blaming Hearn whilst ignoring the failures and ignorance of the Board.

5. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018

Fine in what way???

Sonny1 likes this.
  6. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    If it goes ahead both parties are to blame and should be held responsible for any unfortunate events that may occur during or after the fight

Sonny1, DramaShow, Astro and 2 others like this.
  7. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    That’s exactly what I was saying. Good to know we all agree on that. Just calling out how no one was criticising the Board when they can also call the fight off.

8. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    An unfortunate event is not far away in UK Boxing.

We have Hearn and the BBBoC proceeding with a fight where Benn failed 2 drugs tests, proceeding with a fight when Dillian Whyte failed a drugs test and now we have a fighter who has badly failed to make weight.

Then we have some serious heart attack material on the misfits undercard the other week with 2 grossly obese men who could barely walk to the ring.

Only an unfortunate event will stop this nonsense.

ALN93, Astro and Sonny1 like this.
  9. Sonny1

Mar 11, 2013
    Exactly this and his minions say oh stop having a pop at Hearn. What does he say, about fighters need saving from themselves? This is the time they actually do, but instead he changes the narrative and he says in an interview that Leigh Wood will be putting on a lot of weight overnight. He is a walking contradiction.

ALN93 likes this.
  10. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    The board are absolutely not blameless here. But when you have a charlatan like Hearn who cries about fighter safety, says he will never work with a drugs cheat (he's probably promoted more than anyone) and acts holier than now. He's going to Kopp stick.

As someone else said, he has the power to stop a fight because a fighter and trainer had a falling out. But when Benn failed 2 drugs tests against a dehydrated weight drained fighter he actively tried to keep the fight on. Claiming he contractually had to.

Hearn is a cancer.

KingKO and ALN93 like this.
  11. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    No backtracking it’s a tough spot for Leigh. He chose to take the first fight and lost. He’s now in another tougher spot. Not ideal at all.

but for him his position is in jeopardy without that belt. If he was sub 30 he knows he could come again but he doesn’t have that time at 34 and struggles at the weight himself

12. ALN93

ALN93 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

May 12, 2023
    Not to worry, when the unfortunate does happen Hearn has already nailed the fake tears.

Has the brass neck to try and get drug cheats in the ring then starts blubbering on camera like that.

This content is protected

Beale and Astro like this.
  13. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Regarding whether the fight should go ahead or not, firstly the board are saying its unsafe to make 126 because he was over weight at the last check weight. They are not saying its unsafe for him to make anywhere between128.4 and 129.9 which I'd the weight zone still required to make this fight feasible, also I think a lot relies on the reason why Lara missed the check weigh. That last check weigh is 3% of fighting weight does anyone know the reason why he missed that check weigh.? I think we can deduce that Lara was somewhere over 2.4 lb heavier at the check weigh but has come in just under 4lb heavier because that keeps in under the 4lb weight descrepency whi h would in theory be another weight division difference.Theres been lots of fighters missed weight and gone on to either win or lose once they get to fight night.
    Also maybe this is a tactical ploy from Lara as Eddie and Josh Warrington have mentioned that Josh is fighting the winner and afaik the wba have already set out Kholmatov as the next defence then them fights can only go ahead if Lara drops the belt. So maybe he's thinking why go through the pain of making weight to win a belt I'm going to drop..just a thought, not sure if it's true or not

14. Sonny1

Mar 11, 2013
    Of course! Thank the lord for the WBA regular belt he won.