Ruslan "The Siberian Rocky" Mikhailovich Provodnikov

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jan 18, 2018.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Don't call it a comeback - it has only been nineteen months and counting that Ruslan has spent on the shelf. :roto2cafe:

Per some recent suggestively cryptic social media posts from Provodnikov, a return to action is soon to be officially announced. His twelve-round UD loss to John Molina stands as his only time logged in the ring in over 2¼ years now.

There are very strong whispers that he will be answering the summons of countryman Ali Bagautinov, who unexpectedly called him out to be his sophomoric professional boxing opponent (!!!) in late 2017, perhaps inspired by Conor McGregor's crossover effort against Floyd Mayweather Jr. last summer. Bagautinov is an MMA fighter with a record of 15-6 in that sport, with five wins each by KO, submission and decision - going 4-3 (1) in his stint with the UFC. The brash former world Sambo champion made his pro boxing debut in 2013, winning a 4-rounder by UD on the Diablo vs. Chakhkiev undercard, and remains at 1-0 having not fought in a prize ring since. He is a year Provodnikov's junior, and one inch shorter - and in MMA competes in the "flyweight" division, which roughly corresponds to featherweight in boxing.

After this weird domestic grudge is settled, many expect Provodnikov to resume his years-long pursuit of Adrien Broner. In recent months, Broner has been linked to names like Sergey Lipinets, Amir Khan, and Omar Figueroa as the potential opponent for each this spring. Provodnikov might be waiting to pick up the pieces of a desperate Broner who, presumably on a two-loss skid by then, won't be in a position to be too picky. And who isn't gonna love seeing that? :icon_popcorn:

Assuming we get that far, and Bagautinov doesn't spoil plans...

Willie Maeket likes this.
  2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    This content is protected

Willie Maeket likes this.
  3. Dagnaldinho

Dagnaldinho Active Member Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Tough as old boots but damn hes ugly as hell. Like a Valuev off spring.

Birmingham likes this.
  4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Like a fat Chinese lesbian.

dinosaurs, BoboFett, Badbot and 6 others like this.
  5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    He's always struck me as a Slavic/Mansi version of Arturo Gatti.

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Oh man, if you could pit them in opposite corners...that alone would be worth perfecting time machine tech.

Lazar, pincai and CST80 like this.
  7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Can any of our resident UFC fans give us a scouting report on Bagautinov? @UnleashtheFURY - any chance in hell he beats Provo?

8. Dagnaldinho

Dagnaldinho Active Member Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Lool

CST80 likes this.
  9. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    I think Provo would slaughter Gatti like a Mongolian lamb.

10. ATG22

ATG22 Active Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2014
    I love me some Provo.

Zero defensive ****s given every time he steps in the ring.

That guy eats bombs like it’s.... raw meat.

dinosaurs, Potwash and DanielDimov like this.
  11. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    He had Bradley slurring his speech, knocked Bradly down several times, one knock down was not called, but he won that fight!!! He was a true warrior and should not have been cheated, but he is Eastern European and is hated by the powers that be in boxing................

lencoreastside likes this.
  12. Jim Jeffries

Jim Jeffries Ring General banned Full Member

Feb 24, 2013
    He won't beat Provodnikov. He beat a couple of good guys at flyweight but he can't really punch even though his nickname is ''Puncher''. He's a 5'4'' blown up flyweight. Flyweight in mma is 125lbs. He must be getting paid better.

These types of fights are concerning because Ali could get brutally hurt. It shouldn't be sanctioned.

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I agree, though Mayweather vs. McGregor just may have set the precedent for commissions thinking "why not? Experience in one combat sport can arguably be transferred into another...why not?"

Of course Bagautinov is no McGregor but then by that same token Provodnikov is no Mayweather. I'd say the levels are equally degraded on either half of the analogy.

Jim Jeffries likes this.
  14. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    lol..I would prefer it if he didn't smile. Looks like a geezer that dropped off my Chinese last week, saliva in the corners of his mouth ! Never again !

CST80 likes this.
  15. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    He looked pretty shot last time out really, but I guess it could just be a bad showing. But hey, Provo is my dude. I will follow him to Hell and back

WAR PROVO

kirk likes this.