Ryan Garcia has improved a lot

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Hes talented, skilled, has a good chin but tends to get big headed. A continuous training is important in boxing.

2. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Based on Garcia’s patience, timing, punch selection, explosiveness, and actually looking like a good fighter. I’ve never once praised his opponent selection because Fortuna was always meant to be the guy to make Garcia look good, but you can still see the adjustments Garcia has made compared to his last fights. I’m still gonna wait until he actually fights a live dog but this is definitely a step in the right direction for him.

3. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Tank has skills, Wilder does not.

Manfred likes this.
  4. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    That's where I am at with that. He did look good in the fight but that was to be expected.

5. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    The improvements are there and the hand speed is undeniable. . He's one of the fastest punchers in the sport.

6. JOKER

JOKER CEO of the LDBWC Club Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Fortuna has never been that good and he looked terrible in the Garcia fight. And I don't contribute much of it to Garcia looking good.

7. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    He gives me Amir Khan vibes with his lack of head movement and poor footwork.

ZablieJudahnoff likes this.
  8. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Active Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Some people said Fortuna would win though. Some even said Ryan would cancel again. Garcia did look better than his last fight but wasn’t incredible. He still lacks defense. But his jab work was tons better. What was he supposed to do?

9. northpaw

northpaw Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Nah, he had the right opponent in front of him. A toothless Fortuna. He wasn't in with a real killer. He still hold his chin up high. He's gonna get clipped again, badly. Goosen really need to correct that in him.

10. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Haney beats Garcia.

Garcia's too flat-footed to beat Haney, who has vastly better footwork.

11. ayala

ayala Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 21, 2007
    That’s what I’m saying flat footed straight up and no upper body movement. A puncher would stretch him

12. ChuckOneChair

ChuckOneChair Oldskoolting banned Full Member

Jul 16, 2022
    Salam Aliakum.

Amir Khan was the biggest laughing stock in the sport of this era.

Garcia has power Khan could only dream of, by this stage Khan had already been dropped loads of times and had losses to bums like Prescott and Peterson

Garcias potential is far higher than your hero and felllow muslims love of the canvas car crash career .