Ryoichi Taguchi: The Light Flyweight Tokyo Buzzsaw-The Man With The Adamantium Chin.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Apr 29, 2016.

1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Ryoichi Taguchi born 12-01-1986 is a 5'6 Light Flyweight with a 27-2-2 12 KO's record. Born in and fighting out of Tokyo, Japan. Ryoichi's big claim to fame is that he's the only guy to go the distance with The Monster Inoue a feat not even Omar Narvaez who went the distance with Nonito Donaire could pull off, and he ate a lot of bombs and pushed Inoue to the limit on his way to losing a closer than expected but fairly lopsided decision. Taguchi like Povetkin's post-Wlad dominance is proving to be one of Naoya's better wins, he's been racking up RTD's and TKO's left and right against solid Light Flyweight journeymen like Luis De La Rosa, Kwanthai Sithmorseng, Alberto Rossell and Juan Jose Landaeta, and he had a decent resume going into the Inoue match as well with wins over Kimura via TKO who recently beat Pedro Guevara and Sho Nakazawa via UDx2. He's not the flashiest fighter, he doesn't have the greatest defense, but what he lacks in those departments he makes up for with grit and determination, he's a good effective aggressor who walks his opponents down and beats them into submission with impressive combination punching and his accuracy. He was good before, but he seems to have learned from his loss to Inoue and is turning into a real determined force to be reckoned with, maybe even the future kingpin of the division. Because I think he's capable of beating Nietes and Guevara. So Check Out the Iron Chinned Ryoichi In Action.:ggg:ggg:ggg:ggg

Educate Yourselves
    Taguchi Vs. Landaeta
    This content is protected

Taguchi Vs. De La Rosa

Taguchi Vs. Rossel

Taguchi Vs. Sithmorsang

Taguchi Vs. Kimura

Taguchi Vs. Inoue
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRj8leIicRQ
    Taguchi Vs. Portasanapon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0NXk80W3MI
    Taguchi Vs. Ouchi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrnyyThSNO4

Boxing Prospect and IC3 like this.
  2. Boxing Prospect

Boxing Prospect Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 10, 2012
    Ken Shiro, Kosei Tanaka and Ryo Miyazaki are all in talks to face him in the summer!

3. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    I was actually planning on doing a thread on Ken Shiro while I was doing the one on Kubo and this one, but it was too late and I was too tired, I'll probably get it done tonight, Taguchi is too big a step up for all 3 of them IMO. Are the Japanese bound and determined to ruin all of their prospects, how about facing Landaeta or De La Rosa first?

4. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Here's Taguchi Vs. Rossel with the worst English commentator on planet Earth.

5. Boxing Prospect

May 10, 2012
    "Ryo-Tokashi"?
    "Nigha-Inooe"?

6. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    :qmeparto:

I didn't know Ali G. moonlighted as a Boxing commentator.

7. Boxing Prospect

May 10, 2012
    Apparently Tanaka wants to face Taguchi to "do better than Inoue did"...that rivalry really is a fun one with the Tanaka family (Kosei and Ryomei) and the Inoue (Naoya and Takuma) both seemingly having a friendly competition. Kosei seems to most out and out about the rivalry but it does seem to be something all 4 men have in mind.

8. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Taguchi vs. Melindo

Boxing Prospect likes this.
  9. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Taguchi vs. Canizales

Taguchi vs. Barrera