Saúl Juárez Gil vs. Jonathan González Ortiz

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Feb 14, 2020.

The Baby or La Bomba?

Poll closed Feb 21, 2020.
  1. Juárez on points

25.0%
  2. Juárez by stoppage

25.0%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. González on points

50.0%
  5. González by stoppage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Headlining a card on Boxeo Telemundo a week from today. Scheduled for 10 with the vacant WBO NABO light fly title at stake.

Both are coming off losses (Baby Juárez by SD to Ganigan "El Maravilla" López in July, and González the following month by KO7 in a challenge for Kōsei Tanaka's world title) and so looking to gain some positive momentum along with the hardware - and the rankings boost that comes with it.

The co-feature sees the continuation of Cuban amateur legend Robeisy Eloy Ramírez Carrazana's redemption tour, after shockingly losing his pro debut. He takes on 18 year old Rafeal Morales, who is 3-0.

Should be a fun card. :ggg

Boxing Prospect likes this.
  2. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Inb4 Ramirez takes another L, Morales becomes a star consequently. Gonzalez-Juarez is perfect matchmaking. Gonzalez impressed me against Tanaka, put him down and was taking him to slick school before the body attack roughly halted his efforts. He looked easily capable of being a champ that day. Juarez is a perfect stepping stone back into the title contention scene.

3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Sadly, this is the only remotely interesting card of the week, aside from Wilder vs. Fury II/Navarrete vs. Santisima the following night @ the MGM. (there is a card earlier on Friday in Moscow that's "meh"...)

Main event, though, will be a corker while it lasts, and Ramírez vs. Morales could be a sleeper.

4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Juárez 107¾lbs, González 108 even.

5. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Juarez will look game ultimately come up short as he usually does at this level.

IntentionalButt likes this.