Sam Bowen and Zelfa Barrett - surely their paths will cross at some point

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Fishers, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Fishers

Fishers New Member banned Full Member

Sep 5, 2017
    Sam Bowen
    11-0 (8)
    age 25
    turned pro- March 2015

Barrett
    18-0 (11)
    age 24
    Turned pro - October 2014

Same weight, same age.. turned pro at a similar time..I can see a Frampton/Quigg. Degale/Groves type rivalry here possibly

Both good..
    But I believe Bowen is better, and Barrett totally ducked Bowen for the English title. but is now fighting for it against some guy I've never heard of. Bowen has a fight tonight:boxing1 he's won his last 7 fights by KO I think he's a serious prospect.

2. BaronSamedi

BaronSamedi Active Member Full Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Zelfa is certainly being extremely selective in who he faces

18 fights deep and hasnt fought anyone with a winning record

That said, Zelfa beats Bowen

3. Fishers

Fishers New Member banned Full Member

Sep 5, 2017
    Yeah Barrett is being very softly matched so far. But no, I've seen plenty of both of them and Bowen is a brutal puncher he would knock Barrett out.

4. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Deffo a dodge by barretts team the fact 2 fights after ( opponents 28-21 and 7-10) withdrawing from the English title fight his now matched for the English title.

Cud b Interesting if ward vacated British. Bowen is mandatory

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  5. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    If you want to call it a duck then thats
    If you want to call it a duck then thats fine cos thats what it was
    If id of been on team Barrett, id of done the same thing. It was a fight that was a bit too risky at that time..

Bowen is good but hes not special and i dont think he ever will be. He was a decent am but was beaten by ordinary kids.
    Ive been to see Bowen fight a couple of times and hes a good fighter but from my observations a good boxer type will beat him and zelfa is developing into a good boxer who can box on the backfoot and counter.
    It will be a feast to watch this when it happens but im going to side with zelfa. If hed of taken the english then id of sided with bowen but as time goes on, Pat Barrett will take this when he feels Zelfas ready.

emallini likes this.
  6. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Think Bowen sparks him

7. MCFC_EW

MCFC_EW Active Member Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    A good move to duck the fight at this stage for Zelfa, hes got a limited AM background so hes really learning on the job. No need to rush and he will develop into a good fighter

im sparticus likes this.