Sam Langford reminds me old Foreman

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by 70sFan865, Jul 17, 2019.

1. 70sFan865

70sFan865 Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 30, 2019
    Maybe it's odd comparison, but Langford reminds me old Foreman in terms of style. He was much smaller and much quicker (and better) of course, but his ability to cut off the ring and to deliver power shots from multiple angles makes me think about smaller, better and faster Foreman.

Or I am idiot and they are nothing alike :D What do you think?

This content is protected

Edit: he also fought much more on the inside, which is reasonable given his lack of height advantage.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    George Crowcroft and Jackomano like this.
  2. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. They had quite a few similarities. According to my trainer, who trained under Sandy Saddler in the 60’s Saddler and Moore greatly admired Langford and borrowed a lot from him, which clearly passed down to big George. Joe Louis was also heavily influenced by Langford.

roughdiamond and greynotsoold like this.
  3. 70sFan865

70sFan865 Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 30, 2019
    I don't think that Archie could see much of Langford and his film, but maybe he did some workout routines inspired by him.

4. Rspen46

Rspen46 Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2013
    slightly but no real comparison between them, fighters as in other sports learn things from good one from the past, so of course he may have some similarities but in no way are they anywhere near the same. Sam a tiny little hw, that could not beat anyone in the top 15 all time at HW, and shoudl be considered at MW where he was probably bettre off, and Foreman a huge punching machine that in his time was feared as much as tyson early in his career. in his Time, if they could have fought, Tunney & Dempsey both beat him and I wish they would have so it would have stopped the stupidity over Langford.

Glass City Cobra likes this.
  5. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    He reminds me of Qawi also.

70sFan865 likes this.