Samuel Peter Vs Dereck Chisora

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Yaiyr Alexander, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Yaiyr Alexander

Yaiyr Alexander Member banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2020
    Both in their primes, who takes it and why

2. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Peter of course. He was clearly better in his prime as Chizzo.

3. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Question is “Who Neck” after Peter crushes Del Boy’s mandible..

pistal47, Badbot and Bustajay like this.
  4. Philly161

Philly161 "Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" banned Full Member

Oct 25, 2020
    Sam Peter at his best (prime is hard bc dude was inconsistent even within a single fight) was a scary mf for most hw. Peter ko 10 unless the ref had mercy earlier

5. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Same could be said about Del Boy the crazy part is he actually became better after his prime in my opinion.. If he had the same dedication that he has now, he might have won a belt. Now that is far-fetched because his prime was smack in the middle of the K2 Era but we could have been talking about a Arreola vs Chisora fight for the vacant WBC belt instead of Stiverne..

pistal47, Slowhand and Badbot like this.
  6. Philly161

Philly161 "Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" banned Full Member

Oct 25, 2020
    I dunno about better but yeah chisora definitely has garnered more respect as the durable gatekeeper than he did as the failed contender.

I agree he could have won an alphabet belt at some point, but considering the likes of stiverne and martin and valuev have, that's not saying much.

Badbot and Aussie Invader like this.
  7. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Peter clubs him within 10. Chisora getting a little overrated now

Philly161 and BCS8 like this.
  8. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    The Nightmare wins with a KO in the 6th

pistal47 likes this.
  9. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    How did you figure that one out? Because you're a Klitschko fan of course.

Lets look at the FACTS.

Chisora beat Helenius from pillar to post , while Peter was utterly destroyed and left in a heap by Helenuis.

Chisora did miles better against Vitali than Peter did.. Granted Vitali was a lot older and would have beaten Chisora easier in his prime , but Chisora would never have performed as pathetically bad against Vitali as Peter did.

Chisora did better against all time great Usyk than Peter did against Eddie Chambers.

Thats not to say Chisora did good against Usyk , but he certainty would have done enough to beat a fat bloated up Eddie Chambers. The same Chambers who Peter lost against.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  10. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    You musta forgot how bad this lump was. He wouldn't get a top 10 ranking in todays era.. Back then he was ranked as high as #2.. lol

This content is protected

11. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I always thought Peter was horribly overrated by some, he's so crude he makes Chisora look skilled. Sure he hits very hard and had a pretty good chin but I think skill wise he was as crude as it gets.

What's his best win? 37 year old McCline or 39 year old Maskaev? Maybe a 38 year old, fat Toney who had no business being at heavyweight.

I agree he wouldn't be top 10 in the current division.

MrFoFody and dinovelvet like this.
  12. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Hard to argue with this, Helenius fought them both in 2011, both were prime. While styles makes fights, Chisora is the more skilled, faster, better overall career.

I think people have the image of Peter as a top contender in their minds while Chisora was never more than a fringe contender or a gate keeper and so think Peter was clearly better. But Peter was a top contender in a horrible era and even then he was overrated because he had a big punch, people love to over inflate the ability of big punchers.

dinovelvet likes this.
  13. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    That makes no sense. If he became better after his prime.... then that wasn't his prime.

If we're talking FACTS then surely you should not omit the FACT that Helenius suffered a serious shoulder injury six weeks prior to the bout and should never have competed. He faced Chisora with one arm.

14. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Prime Peter was around the second Toney fight I think; at least that was his most impressive performance. I think that version beats any version of Delboy personally. Better pumping jab, way heavier hands that he didn't need to wing to get power on, and a rock solid chin. Trouble is Peter was only really good for one or two fights; after that he blew up and became a walking punchbag for the rest of his career. So if they fought a series Delboy would probably win it, while prime for prime I'd go with Peter.

15. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    Excuses are boring. There's always an excuse. You sound like a Wilder fan.