Santa Cruz vs Gervonta Davis Channel 5

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Just watched it back after a lovely lie in this morning. That was an absolutely awesome fight, top class. Santa Cruz went out on his shield there, went out swinging. I think in that last round Davis had felt what Santa Cruz had and decided he could soak it up to time his own. What a cracking talent he is though...and that’s the circle of boxing, one night in the future when Davis has had his long career and he’s well into his 30’s, some young hungry up and comer will probably come along and starch him and so it goes on.

2. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016

Making betters offers money wise for them to travel. And still.....

I'll leave it their. As for last night lsc went out on his shield fair play to him. Theirs more big fights for him.

3. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I'm sure that LSC got a much bigger purse last night. With the state of judging in UK fights I doubt there is enough money there to tempt these fighters over to fight in Warrington's hometown.

4. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I don't think Gervonta will be going in with Lopez anytime soon. As good as Davis is I think Lopez beats him, both are big for the weight but Lopez is huge and I think he handles the power of Davis, matches him technically and could possibly outwork him.

5. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016

I'm sure he did . Wasn't having a dig at him. Just saying wat had come out regarding warrington and his career path with fighters turning offers down. I only mentioned jw purely for the fact its a great fight if it cud b made. Who knows they cud meet at super feather if jw moves up. Do u not think it wud b a good fight. Lsc is a class fighter love watching him.

6. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Your getting as bad as Aydamn lol

im sparticus likes this.
  7. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Was watching it thinking the level of this against Delboy running with his head down throwing a right hand.

Found it quite depressing.

8. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I suspect that happens before his 30’s mate. LSC has never been a big puncher, even less so after moving up.

9. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Tank is the real deal, no doubt now.

Lomachenko and his fans should be all breathing a huge sigh of relief that the proposed fight with Tank never took place, think Loma would have been finished as a pro had it happened.
    Watching that card for free on terrestrial or paying £20 into Del Boy's retirement pot ?? Easy choice.

CutThroatFade and Skyver like this.
  10. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Ido like Davis though I'd still take loma to beat him even now.hopefully they push him on now and go after the top dogs at 130-135

11. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    So even after the losses to Salido and Lopez, the underwhelming performances against Linares and Campbell you still think Lomachenko beats Davis ?? Not saying Loma has no chance but if he couldn't cope with the pressure of Salido and Lopez fail to see how he handles a fighter like Tank who is faster, better skilled and arguably more powerful than those two.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  12. Skyver

Apr 29, 2015
    Not as confident as I would have been a month ago but yeah if it was to happen next I'd still edge it for loma.I do think loma was carrying an injury going in to the Lopez fight but that's personal opinion and the salido fight can be excused considering what he achieved after.beating a loma or Lopez at 135 is a different proposition than a blown up bantam in Santa Cruz.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  13. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I’m not sure about that, man. I think fighting Loma at 130 is a whole different world to dragging LSC up to 130. I saw Tank win that purely because he could take the power of someone willing to trade with him. He wasn’t winning the battles on the outside. LSC is a volume guy and has a load of heart, but he’s not a top end fighter and hasn’t looked that was for a while. He’s 1-1 with Frampton in two close fights.

It was a spectacular KO for sure but I think we need to tone it down a little with this

14. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    On the slim chance someone from C5 is reading this,

thank you! :aaaaa:

Was great to wake up on Sunday morning, careful to avoid any spoilers and watch such a high quality contest. I hope C5 can air more of the PBC contests and continue to do their own cards. It's great to have boxing on free to air tv again.

15. Skyver

Apr 29, 2015
    really like tank but there's a definite shout of cherry pick with Santa Cruz.he's beat no one at 130 and has hardly been convincing for a while.tank should be going after berchelt now bet he doesn't though.