Saunders Parts with Warren

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by moog, Aug 2, 2019.

1. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I am a little surprised but think it's the right move for Billy Joe (if he signs for Hearn) as DAZN have so much more clout at 160-168 than Frank. What's peoples views ?

Twentyman likes this.
  2. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I don't even feel bad any more that I get so much joy from Frank's misfortunes!

3. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    At least we know "nasal spray" won't be a problem going forward. Expect to see him back at his usual 160 now lol

Suspect.chin and stittyb like this.
  4. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    What fighters does Warren have any more? I honestly don't know

Sonny1 likes this.
  5. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Eubank rematch down the line.

6. BluenoseBxingFan

BluenoseBxingFan Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Warren is better off without Saunders.

Saunders doesn't fight anybody, and is too inactive.

7. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Hopefully he signs with DAZN.

8. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Doesn’t sell tickets either...

lencoreastside likes this.
  9. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    He has only had 4 meaningful fights his entire career and is now 29.

He only has himself to blame for that too

10. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    The negativity towards Billy is unbelievable, as per usual. He's an unbeaten two weight world champion, currently holding the WBO supermiddleweight title. You'd think he never won a title and racked up several defeats the way people go on in here.

He's had inactive spells in his career and plenty of meaningless fights because of that. However, at 29, he has one of the best resume's in British boxing - Spike, Ryder, Eubank Jr, Lee, Monroe Jr, Lemieux. Solid names. He's missing that career defining win but has years left in the game to get it. He's a young man at 29 like.

I believe he'll sign for matchroom and it's the perfect time to do so. He has lots of experience now and trains full time under Davison. Eddie has plenty of pull around the middleweight/supermiddleweight divisions and he's a big fan of Billy Joe Saunders. Good things on the horizon here.

Can I box likes this.
  11. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    People get annoyed because they can see the talent.

When you are that skilled, David Lemieux being your best win as you are about to turn 30 isn't good enough.

I imagine people will be nicer if he sorts himself out and starts to take some serious fights.

12. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Just because he's never lost doesn't mean people should like him more. I've far more time for the guy who loses having taken the biggest fights than someone who fights a lot of average opposition and stays unbeaten.

Yes he's a two weight champion, but any serious boxing fan knows his super middleweight title is a joke and at middleweight the only names which matter are Canelo and Golovkin and he's fought neither.

To add, as a bloke he's an absolute ringpiece, and he's a drug cheat. I don't understand why you find it so difficult to work out why people don't like him.

13. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    I reckon he would rather have Warrington and Yarde than Saunders at this point.

Can I box and Scissors like this.
  14. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    You go on about Tony Hayers having an agenda against Fury but you have an agenda that is pro Saunders and Fury that's just as strong. Yes Saunders is a talented boxer with a few good wins, but he's also wasted a lot of his career, is very unprofessional and comes across as a right mouthy, cheeky arsehole chav as well, to boot. There's really not much to like about the inactive gypsy bully billy boy.

KermitTheFrog likes this.
  15. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    And of course Dubois. All 3 of them have potential and just go about their business quietly.

Can I box, UKboxingfan and Sonny1 like this.