Saunders v Isufi WBO Super Middleweight title

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Feb 18, 2019.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Why did Hearn sign Bellew and Cleverly after they left Frank? Neither was known as a massive ticket seller, a mainstream name nor were either of them anywhere near the level of Billy Joe Saunders.

Watch some of the IFL videos over the past 12 months and especially after the Lemieux fight to see what Hearn thinks about Saunders. He wanted him because he knows he has the ability to beat anyone in the division and become one of the world’s best fighters.

Twentyman likes this.
  2. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Thanks for responding sensibly - I'm not really on this forum for point scoring but am always open to discussing things, even with those who I often disagree with.

Some good points there - nothing I really disagree with that strongly. I just hope that we get the opportunity to see where he stands relative to the top world guys.

Twentyman likes this.
  3. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I assume it because even Billy isn't stupid enough to turn up for a fight V Canelo anything other than 100%. Saunders has proved that at his best he's levels above world class. That puts him at elite level, at his best.

4. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    The bookies have this priced up as the most uncompetitive fight of the year.