Saunders v Isufi WBO Super Middleweight title

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Feb 18, 2019.

1. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Not his biggest fan but those criticising...this is no different to Canelo fighting fielding, admittedly Canelo has fought everyone over the years so perhaps it’s more forgivable...

2. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    TBf though guy just went 24 rounds with ggg think jump up a weight to get a belt against fielding was the smart move 3 fights on the bounce against ggg weather win or lose will take a lot out u

Scissors likes this.
  3. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    I’d say it’s a bit different having fought Golovkin twice and then fighting Jacobs after? Don’t defend the indefensible.

velagod, Holler and Scissors like this.
  4. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    LIke mentioned, Alvarez' road towards an easy (bogus) 168 belt was quite different as he came of two 12 round wars with the division's best, and now fights the division's #3 next. And at least he had to beat the (weak) beltholder, not a pushover for a (probably not) vacant belt of who I'm pretty sure gets stopped by Fielding if they would meet next.

5. ryanm8655

Oct 23, 2008
    Fair, just playing devils advocate...

6. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    And it's confirmed for the interim. So underwhelming that I can't even make a childish joke about the Lamex stadium.

This content is protected

ipitythefool, Robney and Scissors like this.
  7. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Who?!

Where?!

8. ryanm8655

Oct 23, 2008
    This is a joke :lol: Lamex...

Stevenage, the Mecca of boxing...

Pointless...

Robney and Scissors like this.
  9. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Frank once again putting on a show that clashes with another British show? Twice in quick succession....

Taylor and Inoue or this tripe

Holler likes this.
  10. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Great fight for Britain!

CutThroatFade likes this.
  11. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Come on frank...an arena in stevenage. Is this what it's come to? Is he seriously suggesting that stevenage should host a interim WORLD TITLE fight. I don't think so...

Put him on the Fury undercard against a better opponent, I'd rather he faced Lemieux again than this garbage.

I mean...if we're gonna have a stadium fight let's have a proper matchup. This kind of special occasion should be reserved for a REAL fight. Brook vs Spence at Bramall Lane, Haye vs Chisora at Upton Park, Calzaghe vs Kessler at Millenium Stadium, Warrington vs Selby at Elland Road....and Saunders vs Isufi at the Lamex. Doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Snowy1989, velagod, Holler and 3 others like this.
  12. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
  13. Tony Belloo

Tony Belloo Member Full Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Frank is savage man talks up the potential of Bill fighting Degale at the Emirates, ends up fighting Isufi at the Lamex in Stevenage that's cold.

velagod likes this.
  14. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Yeah, but it's at Stevenage FC not Wembley stadium. It wouldn't even surprise me if it's in the conference room and not on the pitch. I don't blame Warren though, as Saunders is a financial liability.

At this point, Frank and Saunders' relationship has come full circle. Back in the day when Frank went and did his own thing on BN and to a slightly lesser extent BT, he badly needed Billy as he was one of his few standout fighters in the stable and to be fair, Billy was loyal and we know the stories of him waiting patiently for fight purses when Frank's been under the cosh.

Now it's Frank's time to be loyal, as he really doesn't need Saunders anymore as he's got a nice little stable led by Fury, Warrington, Dubois and Yarde. The later 3 being far more exciting/capable of moving tickets potential PPV attractions with the right opponents.

Saunders has been a pain for Warren for the last 18 months or so, and there can be no way that he's making him any money - it's actually possibly the opposite.

Endless pullouts, Fake Injuries, legal issues, drugs...lost his belt..hes a nightmare.

As I said, Warren is a loyal sod though, so he will be hoping by some miracle that Saunders can get his head straight and maybe pull things round.

velagod and Scissors like this.
  15. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Not a great fight but only 20 mins down the road from me. To see live boxing I always have to travel, so might go to this undercard depending.

Bridie mcmahon likes this.