Saunders v Khan

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by nurological, Oct 3, 2017.

1. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Boxing Kingdom are known for making false announcements, bit of a speciality of theirs. I doubt this fight will happen though it might do. If it does Khan gets knocked out and shows he's scared to fight the top guys at 147.

2. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    He stil ducked him though

S.K likes this.
  3. Bridie mcmahon

Bridie mcmahon Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
  4. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Khan is now a complete joke, as is Saunders to a lesser extent so I wouldn't have an issue with this fight. I would be stunned if it happened, but maybe Frankie wants to test out his new red button toy..

5. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I will take matt Hatton and Ryan Rhodes
    Word before some khan fan boys word
    And them ex pros state otherwise

6. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Brook needs to understand,he aint the A side,people will watch the fight to see KHAN knocked out.Thats the main attraction of this fight to the British Public.So its Khan's name which will get the attention,not Brook's.Brook is very poor also at trash talking a fight when Khan does it,it will immediately get hits on social media /youtube as people love to take the **** out of him,which will help the popularity of the fight,which in turn will make more money for both of them.Also Kell lost the belt and know dosent have anything to bargain with.He should have taken the 70/30 split or got it down to 65/35 in January.

7. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Awful fight, if it happens

tdf1974 likes this.
  8. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    That's BS.

An A side is determined by who brings in the revenue.

When did Amir Khan last sell out an arena in the UK? PPV buys? Khan is irrelevant as a boxer these days.

The fight is 50/50 split. Maybe 60/40 at worst for Brook.

As for a BJS V Khan fight. I think Khan genuinely believes he could win but again the walking contradiction would strike. A few months ago he said he would never fight at 154 or 160 again as his weight is 147.

Saunders wanting to fight Khan isn't that much of a surprise. Just a continuation of doing what his done since he won the belt and that's hold the title hostage.

ashishwarrior likes this.
  9. Beez

Beez Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2017
    Khan would certainly be the A-side against BJS tho surely...

Maybe 50-50 basted on being for a Title but the name in the fight is certainly Amir Khan.

Having said that for me, no one would seriously want to see this fight... we have seen Khan move up weights and seen him got Ironed out.

This is an attempted cash grab for Warren and BJS... They know outside of Canelo/Golovkin they dont have many options for a big money fight in that division and Eubanks is tied up for the foreseeable future.

In my opinion him calling out Amir Khan was completely contrived and i reckon even the casuals will see through it personally.

Khan can still get big money fights in his own division if he is half serious about boxing he should rebuild and stick to his own division.

10. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Compare Saunders to Eubank now. Saunders calling out a chinless, titleless, inactive welterweight who has been sparked three times including at Lightweight.

Eubank Jr stepping up to 168 to take on a beastly undefeated Turk in Germany to set up a clash with George ****ing Groves.

And yet Eubank Jr is one of the most hated, most ridiculed boxers in British boxing history.

Camaris, JonnyPfunk, asif_305 and 4 others like this.
  11. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Saunders hits a hell of alot harder than anyone Khan has faced not named Canelo.

And no he couldn't win on points....no....not now.....not then.....not ever.

12. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    I don't see how the numbers stack up in this one. Won't happen.

13. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    can you imagine it....both of them praying for final bell from first bell

14. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    I would have to agree.

Amazing really how Saunders has squandered all the momentum he gained from the Eubank and Lee wins. He needs a big fight next no if's or but's.

ipitythefool likes this.
  15. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Stopped read at A side. Hate that sort of talk from a boxing fan