Saunders "We got a issue with the ring"

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Tyson Fury Goat, May 3, 2021.

1. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Hearn has made Saunders rich beyond his wildest dreams by getting him this gig.

2. LoadedGlove

Dec 6, 2019
    Meanwhile, back in the real World, Saunders could box Alvarez's head off. He could do drum solos on him, he could tap him on the shoulder before he punches Canelo and he still won't be allowed to win.
    Saunders is going to pick up at least £5m here off the Mexican and US PPV's. Everyone gets rich off Alvarez, sanctioning bodies, promoters, even officials get treated like Royalty.
    If a popular Fighter like Golovkin can get striped, what chance Saunders who isn't even well liked in his hometown ?
    If you want a fair shake, don't fight Alvarez.

3. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    And? The crap and screwing over that comes with that is Ok then?

nilrem likes this.
  4. LoadedGlove

Dec 6, 2019
    Read my other post on the thread.

5. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    :oops: OK, will do now, was just replying to notifications, my apologies.

LoadedGlove likes this.
  6. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    Fair comments.

LoadedGlove likes this.
  7. LoadedGlove

Dec 6, 2019
    Cheers N.

N17 likes this.
  8. jm2729v

jm2729v Active Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    I mean if this is true then it would only happen if the contracts allowed for it? Surely this puts the blame on Billy Joe's management? Could it not just be psychological warfare?

KermitTheFrog and N17 like this.
  9. N17

Feb 16, 2013

That's true to a large extent, I can't deny BJS' team should have gone through every tiny point, assumed every worse possible outcome.

All I'm saying is, for example, Hearn made sure Whyte and Warrington had rematch clauses in non title fights, Warringtons was a keep busy fight, Hearn isn't a moron and he is all about the small details, covering all bases.

Can you imagine Hearn sticking a contract in front of AJ for the Fury fight without ringsize, gloves and everything else being sorted out and to AJs liking?

Surely as BJS promoter at the very least he should have called BJS and asked "are you OK with this"?

Some will say as Hearn works with both then he shouldn't get that involved and let their management teams do that work but Hearn does have duty to look out for both fighters and that's fair but..

Hearn is already arranging Canelos next fight, Caleb Plant, talking dates and venues, all of this just doesn't sit well with me.

BJS has done a lot of dodgy stuff over the last couple of years, he has been fined, disciplined and whatever else, people have called for Hearn to drop him.

I am getting the feeling Hearn only kept hold of him because he had a title and wanted to take it off him in a unification fight, the plan was probably Smith.

But fortunately for Hearn is now working with Canelo, the money is large, the profile is as high as it gets, I think Hearn will be happy for BJS to lose and then cut him loose.

There is no rematch clause for this one, Hearn has said multiple times, any time his fighters get in the ring they have a rematch clause because it would be negligent to not have one so why didn't he do it here?

Because it's getting rather clear he wants Canelo to take Saunders title and move on, he don't want deal with him any longer and also don't underestimate Hearn being a Moby because of the Fury and AJ shenanigans and BJS' relationship with the Fury's.

10. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I don’t know why Hearn get’s dragged into all of this. He has no “duty” to either boxer - Eddie Hearn is a promoter, not a manager. His job is to promote the fight, which he has done. He may have bits and pieces of involvements elsewhere, such as certain arrangements setting up the venue, but at the end of the day his job is to put a fight on and sell it. Does he have a preference who wins? Of course, there’s more money for him if Canelo carries on letting Matchroom / DAZN stage his fights.

im sparticus, djfonti and nilrem like this.
  11. Ian_k

Ian_k Active Member Full Member

May 8, 2012
    This content is protected

Gatekeeper likes this.
  12. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    These fighting men are extraordinary, they’ll fight anytime anywhere - even in back gardens.

Just as long as there’s **** loads of money involved and the garden is big enough and need plenty of preparation as well of course.

13. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    This will not be put up with,things will change come fight night

I rate Canelo very high,but there's a do for you look,trying to pull strokes,they must have good respect and a bit of fear for bills ability,and rightly so!

Gatekeeper and CutThroatFade like this.
  14. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    What actually is the average ring size?

15. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    There was also reports that BJS agreed the fight and financial terms with it being behind closed doors etc.... Then 70,000 tickets are suddenly sold for it