Savannah Rose Marshall vs. Femke Hermans & Florian Marku vs. Chris Jenkins RBR.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Noel857

Noel857 I Am Duran Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Why was i a bell end. It was saturday night and i had been drinking didn`t notice your name.Thought you were unaware of what i was saying and tried to explain,if that makes me a bell end then i plead guilty

2. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I asked you to explain and you said no explanation was needed...

Maybe you need to drink less fella!!

All is well.

Noel857 likes this.
  3. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    It is and it isn't. The bottom line is that your pay will reflect the level of interest the public has in seeing you.

There is very, very little authentic public interest in womens' boxing. And that very, very little is just a few lonely, thirsty dudes who want to drink Ivorie Hodges' bathwater.

Erik likes this.
  4. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    They've promised her the bag (in order to build Marshall as a star) that even a woke US network won't give her. Check her viewing figures for Showtime, they declined even as her bouts got bigger in sporting significance, so they dropped her. Nobody was interested, so she staged her own PPV in a bid to prove them wrong (a failed bid, since the PPV did nothing).

Sky are going all-in on this woke push, but I'll be surprised if the Shields-Marshall event doesn't disappoint their buyrate expectations, even with a hard shove from their marketing department. In any case, they need Marshall to win, as they know they won't be able to sell Shields to the UK public beyond this attempt to make Marshall a household name.

Willis Brown likes this.
  5. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

If this anywhere near accurate. It proves for as much as we are told womens boxing is booming and is massive.

Most people couldn't give a ****

Bob Pfister PhD, Erik and Fibbo like this.
  6. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Not surprising. I only tuned in briefly because I didn't go out, caught Zak Chelli and then turned off as soon as Marku/Jenkins finished. There were 3 or 4 other women's fights on the undercard as well, which in reality, clearly nobody wants to watch. Even on here where you've got hardcore boxing fans there was very little interest in this card.

The only people I come across who say they like women's boxing are on the internet, and I suspect a lot of them are watching with a box of tissues at the ready. Everyone I know in the real world thinks it's a load of shite and is sick of seeing it on things like Sky that they pay good money for.

7. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Dont think its specifically womens boxing but is more to do with the shocking cards Sky are putting on with fighters no one has heard of in tickovers. On top of that Marshall's profile is limited and she was in a fight against someone has never heard of.

My guess is though that it will be even trickier to sell Marshall vs Shields on PPV as a standalone. My guess is we see that fight on a joint PPV with maybe the Taylor vs Catterall rematch