Saw AJ today at the Charlo Boxing Academy

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by jaytxxl, Oct 19, 2021.

1. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Ruiz was never elite he just had a great night.. I see AJ in the same predicament as Lewis and Klitschko and they both made the change.. The only difference is the guy he needs is now deceased.. Banks won’t cut it as he’s too passive, like I said he really need Sugar Hill but we know why that can’t happen..

Part of me wonders how would he fit with Derrick James or Mark Breland.

2. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I’ve no problem with AJ getting a new trainer but to be able to adjust and make changes in time for the usyk rematch? I think this is a bad idea

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  3. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Malik Scott. Will make him plod forward and throw power punches for 3 rounds then end up gassed and bleeding from every possible orifice.

4. gmurphy

gmurphy Land of the corrupt, home of the robbery! banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Kang style

5. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    I saw Anthony Joshua at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
    He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
    I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
    The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
    When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

6. gmurphy

gmurphy Land of the corrupt, home of the robbery! banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Did you call him a big stiff idiot?

7. Nick UK

Nick UK Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2019
    I dont know if I am too stupid to work out if this is an elaborate and clever joke or whether it actually happened?!!

8. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    To be fair to Malik, there's no way he could have changed stubborn Wilder. Malik himself was more of a boxer.

9. I Dont Play With Dolls

I Dont Play With Dolls Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cant tell if this is serious or is this a joke? Sounds like you had an encounter with the offspring of OJ Simpson and a Teletubby.

oranges430 and George Crowcroft like this.
  10. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Kronk trained fighters can be beaten. He just needs a good old fashioned skills trainer like Tim Witherspoon, the Mayweather’s, Ronnie Shields, Virgil Hunter, Freddie Roach, Eddy Reynoso etc.

jaytxxl likes this.
  11. Nick UK

Nick UK Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2019
    Glad it wasnt just me!

12. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Still trying to grasp that tiny tiny speck of hope Olu ? Just what will you do when Usyk destroys femi in the rematch ? It will be a site to witness.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  13. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    What if Big bad Femi destroys Dr No in Usyk?

14. I Dont Play With Dolls

I Dont Play With Dolls Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Then this will all be forgotten like a bad dream.
    Joshua will get the hype back and fight Fury in the Highest Grossing Heavyweight Fight of all time.
    Usyk will prob hang around fighting, looking for another shot at the big boys.

Keleneki and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  15. dan4579

dan4579 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 11, 2011
    IDK, it seemed to work out ok for Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis and Wladimir Klitschko.