Schocking pictures of Holyfield before and after a training camp for moorer

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Contro, May 23, 2023.

1. Contro

Contro Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 7, 2016
  2. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
  3. klompton2

klompton2 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Feb 10, 2013
    But youll have a bunch of morons who have never been in a gym in their life claiming he was clean...

4. SHADAPBLAD

SHADAPBLAD Viscous Knockouts Full Member

Feb 15, 2017
    chicken and broccoli

DS Phil Hunter and Pat M like this.
  5. Mastrangelo

Mastrangelo Active Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2019
    I recently came across video where Lee Haney, Mr. Olympia - claimed that He helped Evander put on weight and had him gain 20 pounds in 5 weeks.
    Obviously, if You train with Olympia-level body-builder, You'll at the very least have information about and access to certain "things". Haney also talked about having some "doctor" who broke world record in squat at age 46 help design training program to build Evander into a heavyweight.
    Beyond that, everyone can make up their mind themselves.

greynotsoold and Seamus like this.
  6. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Fred Hatfield.

He actually was a "Dr.", and was considered a fairly prominent person in the sports training community. He founded the ISSA personal training certification, which seems to have been the WBO of certifications -- to mix metaphors a bit.

(Not that Hatfield's importance or respectability in that community has anything to do with whether Evander was clean. Evander clearly wasn't clean, based on the steroid scandal. No idea one way or another whether Hatfield was one of the sources.)

steve21, Pat M and Mastrangelo like this.
  7. Contro

Contro Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 7, 2016
    I find the approach of growing during training camp interesting, most other heavyweights were probably melting down.
    However lugging around 15lbs of new tissue in a fight must be extremely taxing on the heart.
    Since apparently he wasnt that size all year round.
    Really this explains the "heart" issues and other weird ailments he had in the mid 90s

Entaowed and cross_trainer like this.
  8. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

Yeah,,and body builders are known for NOT taking steroids

Hotep Kemba likes this.
  9. Pat M

Pat M Active Member Full Member

Jun 20, 2017
    but, but,...he never failed a drug test...and 25 people on this board alone have a friend who "never used PEDs" and their friend is built like EH...I asked some of the guys at our gym yesterday what happened to a guy who was training and was built a lot like EH? They laughed and told me I wouldn't recognize him if I saw him, they said his shoulders and neck had shrunk and he was soft around the middle and not nearly as "veiney" (vascular) as when he was "training." Guess not training is tough on a 21 year old?

Funny how those guys who just had "great genetics" and were "always muscular" always seem to lose the muscularity in the neck, traps, and delts immediately when they stop "training." If I didn't know better I'd suspect it had something to do with androgen receptors and no longer using PEDs...

Hotep Kemba, Seamus and cross_trainer like this.
  10. cross_trainer

Jun 30, 2005
    But Joe Jeanette looked really lean! Therefore, steroids do not exist. QED.

Pat M and Hotep Kemba like this.
  11. cross_trainer

Jun 30, 2005
    As an aside: Considering that some on this Board suspect Cus D'Amato of sexual impropriety with his fighters, I'm a little surprised nobody thinks he'd be willing to put Tyson on PEDs. Especially since D'Amato has a reputation on here as a maverick mad genius type.

Pat M likes this.
  12. CleneloAnavarez

CleneloAnavarez Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2021
    The second picture exaggerates Holyfield's musculature. It was taken immediately after the end of the fight. Muscles look bigger after a workout. Otherwise I agree, the new breed of HWs can gain mass during camp obviously due to PEDs.

Entaowed and cross_trainer like this.
  13. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    I am convinced Holyfield was on PED's his entire career and that includes his Cruiser weight run, at Heavy he just perfected it with serious PED experts.

14. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    I doubt it.

I've been posting on this forum for over a decade, read it longer, & if folks have everf claimed Holyfield is clean, it is rare.
    See if you can find anyone ever doing so. If so, please link it here.
    Much more likely, unfair to the athlete & irrational is assuming guilt absent even good even circumstantial evidence.

However there is plenty of evidence that Holyfeld juiced, the Balco investigation being chief amongst them.
    Of course gaining new muscle in such a short time-especially without being thin or having lost a lot of weight-is a very good indication of guilt.