Scientifically, there's never even been any proof speedbags work.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxed Ears, Jan 9, 2021.

1. drenlou

drenlou The Real KING OF THE HILL! Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Hahahah dos huevos aka kevin willis aka racist scum

2. MrFoFody

MrFoFody Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 17, 2005
    You guys have obviously never seen a squabble settled with a speedbag shuffle to the noggin.

3. elmaldito

elmaldito Educating racists n da ring & streets since 98 Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    gotta use the speed bag and jump rope on those last 30 secs its a sprint. gotta have it in your routine

4. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Did your boxing go better than your football career?

5. heerko koois

heerko koois Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    :headbash

6. JBoog89

JBoog89 New Member Full Member

Jan 9, 2021
    Valuable for beginners but I’ve never understood why so many seasoned pros still spend time on it, other than blind habit I guess.

7. Bulldog24

Bulldog24 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 2, 2013
    This content is protected

Eubank Sr

To be a good fighter you have to spar. I don’t say forget the bag work or road work, I say do all of that but most important is sparring.

Let me put it another way: If you did all the skipping (jumping rope), speed ball and pads, and the bag work and running but didn’t spar, you would get nowhere in boxing. You would be tore up.

However if you only sparred and did nothing else but spar, I believe you could still reach great heights. Put most of your focus into sparring.

And if you never spar hard, it means you’re not getting hurt. In old Jamaican households the saying to unruly children was this: ‘If you cannot hear, you must FEEL!’ Most single parent households with no father figure result in unruly adults and imprisonment.

Ok, the point is this: If you’re tapped to the side of the head, you’re less likely to bring your hand up next time to block the left hook than if you were hit with full force.

8. Soxial experimennt 2.0

Soxial experimennt 2.0 Trans and proud banned Full Member

Jan 11, 2021