Scoop Malinowski wants to know...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JETSKI, Jun 23, 2007.

1. JETSKI

JETSKI Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2004
    For an upcoming article. he would like to know boxing fans opinion on whether or not there should be a rematch with PBF & ODLH. Would you have an interest? Would you buy a rematch? Whatever you feel, lets hear it. I'm sure Scoop reads ESB & your opinions will help form a "General Boxing Consensus" regarding this question.

Heres my response:

As far as a rematch with PBF/ODLH...ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!
    And I suppose it will be another $55! The first fight
    was a dud & why should anything be different the next
    time? Oscar is past his prime & its time for Floyd to
    step up & fight some of the dangerous competition
    thats out there. Plus the kind of money they made for
    that effort is obscene & they just want to try an ****
    the boxing public once again. Not this boxing fan! I'd
    rather pay $100 to see a PPV of Taylor vs Pavlik than
    pay a dime to watch Floyd/Oscar again.

What do you think???:huh

2. brisback

brisback INFO-WARRIOR Full Member

Aug 3, 2005
    They could pull it off. If they do decide to do it they will need an 8 part reality show where you see both fighters admitting the first time around they completely let the public down and this time it will be toe-to-toe. They would really need to bull**** the public that they really belive they need a rematch to satisfy the fans from the first dud. It can be pulled off but I doubt it will happen.

The de la hoya/hatton and trinidad possible matchups would generate mucho bucks as well so they would not need to do it.

The only reason they would need to do it would be to make up for the boring performances of both fighters as well as the excessivley high cost of the PPV.

3. acb

acb De Camaguey... Gavilan Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    NO! Tell Scoop that Floyd has some fights on the horizon which would actually add to his legacy, like Mosely, Cotto, Hatton etc. :good

4. acb

acb De Camaguey... Gavilan Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    :-(

Its your boy Floyd who is clammering for a rematch.

Oscar Vs. Viscous boxer 77 sells twice whatever Floyd´s next fight does.

5. JETSKI

Aug 26, 2004
    OK, who's next?:huh

6. CzarKyle

CzarKyle Member Full Member

May 11, 2005
    I'd watch it, but I can't say I would be all that excited to see the fight. The first one played out to my worst expectations, but I'm a fight watching *****. Can't get enough of that sweet science.

7. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    PBF / ODH was a good close fight that cost $5 more than other bigname fights I've watched. While a rematch would be favoured to yield the same result, some of the best fights ever were rematchs.

For Oscar (if he wants to fight again) this would be his biggest purse (with possible exception of Tito) and he would have incentive.

For Floyd, it's by far his biggest payday and gives him the opportunity to put on a more convincing performance than first time.

Each fighter has now faced the other and that could make for interesting adjustments second time around.

I would buy it.

8. JETSKI

Aug 26, 2004
    Yeah, & Oscar wins the 2nd fight, setting up the rubber match & ODLH & PBF walk into the sunset with zillions.

Its like the WWF compared to REAL fights out there to be made for the P4P best.