Scoring Fights From Recent Years.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JordanK2406, Oct 26, 2017.

1. LeeD1982

LeeD1982 Active Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Yeah IIRC this pretty much exactly how I had it.

On a second viewing I think Pac maybe got another of the mid-rounds

115-113 Mayweather.

This fight was closer than many were making out in the aftermath. Mayweather nicked it narrowly

JordanK2406 likes this.
  2. JordanK2406

JordanK2406 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Farmer carroll
    9 10 Close
    9 10
    10 9 Close
    9 10
    10 9 Close
    10 9
    9 10
    9 10
    9 10
    10 9 Close
    10 9
    10 9 Close
    114 114
    What a fun fight to watch it was. Both went at it throughout for 12 rounds with momentum constantly switching. Felt like it was a case of farmers quality work vs carrolls workrate with both ways winning rounds for both guys. Farmer showed a nice jab, good combos and single shots, did well to head and body, boxed well on inside and outside, nice defense and head movement, nice variety of punches, good speed, decently power, showed good heart and chin, good counterpunching and picked his shots well. Whereas Carroll showed constant pressure and aggression, high workrate, worked the body a lot, showed good heart and chin, nice combos on inside and did good work on inside, used the hooks well, nice head movement and showed a good gas tank. It was a close competitive fight that could have gone either way but have no problem with upto 8-4 either way as there was some close rounds. @CST80 thanks for reminding me to score this. Much appreciated pal

CST80 likes this.
  3. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    :thumbsup: Great scorecard, and I figured you'd like it, I had it 115-113 Carroll, giving him the same rounds as you, but also the third. Pinoy had it 114-114 as well.

JordanK2406 likes this.
  4. JordanK2406

Feb 27, 2017
    Carroll is just a proper warrior in my eyes with farmer feeling like that weasel everyone wants to see sparked out, something about farmer just irritates me

CST80 likes this.
  5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    You and me both I can't ****ing stand him, everything about him annoys me, so much so, as much as I can't stand Tank Davis, I'll take immense joy in watching him clean that idiot's clock.

JordanK2406 likes this.
  6. JordanK2406

Feb 27, 2017
    is love to see Davis give farmer the biggest ktfo ever just to see him eat some humble pie or take a longboard prolonged beating with farmer feeling the fight leave him.

CST80 likes this.
  7. JordanK2406

Feb 27, 2017
    Browne kalajdzic
    10 8
    9 10 Close
    10 9
    9 10
    10 9
    8 10
    9 10
    9 10
    74 76
    Decided to watch this as there’s always been people going on about how bad a robbery it was and thought I’d give munch opinion and it was a ridiculous fight to watch. A bs knockdown given against kalajdzic, constant holding by Browne and the referee clearly being biased throughout. Throughout it was a case of kalajdzic bringing the pressure and wanting to fight and Browne doing what he could to Be negative and it made for a boring fight. Overall Browne showed a decent left hand, patience, did well to survive some big punches, decent jab, decent speed, boxed alright on backfoot and showed a high workrate. Whereas kalajdzic had a nice right hand, landed the best combos and single punches, constant pressure and aggression, cut the ring off well, managed the range well and displayed good speed and power. Ok fight where kalajdzic should have won and Browne winning in my eyes is a robbery. What scores did everyone else have?

8. JordanK2406

Feb 27, 2017
    Fowler Fitzgerald
    10 9
    10 9
    10 9
    9 10 Close
    10 9 Close
    9 10
    9 10 Close
    9 10
    10 9
    8 10
    94 95
    What a fun fight this was to watch from start to end with both throwing constant bombs throughout. Fowler started off well and then as the fight went on Fitzgerald came on strong Andy took control of the fight with Fowler then having a good 9th round and hurting Fitzgerald and nearly getting the ko and then in the last round Fitzgerald drops Fowler and almost wins via ko.
    Overall Fowler showed a nice jab, good bodywork, decent power and speed, constant pressure and aggression, landed som good combos and single punches, decent shot accuracy and good heart and chin. Whereas Fitzgerald showed a nice jab, good shot variety, nice footwork, managed range well, good defense and head movement, good heart and chin, good speed and decently power, nice shot accuracy, landed the better and flashier shots throughout and boxed well at all ranges. A close fight in which I had Fitzgerald winning just but I have no problem with a Close Fowler win. What scores did everyone else have and what fights should I watch?

CST80 and KO KIDD like this.
  9. Baneofthegame

Baneofthegame Active Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2017
    I had the same score, some close rounds in there as well.

JordanK2406 likes this.
  10. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    from the rbr thread posted well after the fight and most discussion had ended

For what it's worth I had it 115-113 for Farmer

Farmer taking: 3,5-7,10-12

I actually thought Carol did better when he stayed at slight range and move this head to avoid Farmers Jab and left hand as he weaved into throw body punches I thought as he stood toe-to-toe with farmer inside his punches became a little easier for Farmer to time in Farmer started to dig to Carol's body which in fact slowed Carrol down over the second half of the fight also by getting inside and staying there Carol expended a lot of energy by throwing a lot of punches when he stayed at a further range he would duck and move out of the way of a puncher to come in land a punch or two and then get out and he did that effectively in the first two rounds and started to do it a little later in the fight when he had like a late around surge but I thought the ultra up close range fevered farmer

The corner for Carol also kept telling him to step back and to throw less punches but to throw sharper punches and I think they were right but I think the crowd in the moment got to carrol to where he wanted to stand toe-to-toe

JordanK2406 likes this.
  11. JordanK2406

Feb 27, 2017
    Uysk briedis
    10 9 Close
    9 10 Close
    9 10 Close
    10 9
    10 9
    10 9
    10 9
    10 9
    10 9 Close
    10 9
    9 10 Close
    10 9 Close
    117 111
    A very fun fight to watch it was. At the start the rounds were very close and could have gone either way. As the fight went on it seemed like uysk took control of the fight and briedis seemed to tire out and start to get broke down. As the fight went into the final rounds briedis seemed to have a second wind and start getting into the fight and having some urgency to make the rounds close. Overall uysk has a great jab, lande some nice combos and single shots, did well to head and body, good speed and power, great shot accuracy and shot variety, razor left hand, nice footwork, high ring iq, good heart and chin, managed the range well, good stamina, nice defense and head movement, controlled the fight and boxed well at all ranges. Whereas briedis showed good speed and power, nice shot accuracy and showed a good variety of punches, good defense and head movement, nice combos and single shots, did well to body, showed good chin and heart and showed a good ring iq. Overall a good competitive fight in which I could see it being closer on the scorecard so but can’t give briedis the win.what was everyone else’s scores for this fight and need some more fights to watch. @CST80 u got any good fights to watch?

CST80 likes this.
  12. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    @JordanK2406 check this fight out.

This content is protected

FOTY of 2011.

JordanK2406 likes this.
  13. KO KIDD

Oct 5, 2009
    Ugas vs Porter 147 WBC

116-112for Ugas.
    Ugas:1,3,4,5,8,9,11 and 12
    Porter: 2,6,7,and 10

I disagreed with Villegas the TV judge on 1,5,6,7 and 9. The TV commentary seemed universal on round 11 being Porters but Villegas and myself gave that too Ugas. That's 5 rounds of disagreement. If I flipped those rounds it would swing 3 to Porter and 2 to Ugas making my score 115-113 Ugas and thats without knowing how Villegas scored the 12th

Notes:
    1) I don't score even rounds because the real judges typically don't. Round 1 was about as close a round to even as I've seen

2)Ugas did good body work but gave up two hard over hand rights to the head

3) Ugas continued the body work with both hands as Porter was focusing on countering to the head. Porter kept on the outside with his hands low seemingly trying to bait the taller Ugas to give up his height and into traps. Ugas to me showed a superior jab but didnt use it enough at this point and did stick his head out in front of his body a little giving away his height

4) I liked Porter's subtle outside movements but Ugas did push late in the round.

5) Best round so far, Ugas countered very well in space especially with that straight right hand. 2 good ones one with about 1:10 left and another with about 1:01 or so. Porter rallied hard the last minute but I didnt think it was enough

7) Ugas again at range landed another straight right down the middle. Porter responded quickly with 3 of his own 2 body 1 head

9-I found this a coin flip like round 1

10-Again very close coin flip type round

11- I thought Porter began losing speed and Ugas really found him with counters as Porter pressed this round after his corner urged him to be aggressive. With 20 seconds or so left Ugas landed a shot and Porter immediately went on his bike but Ugas did not attack. Porter then seems to wobble Ugas with a jab the commentators go nuts, I thought it was more a balance thing. Villegas gave Ugas 11 and so did I

12- Call me crazy but how was that a slip? Ugas hit Porter not really clean but their feet did not tangle and Porter fell to the canvas. Maybe he was slipping but a punch did come in without feet touching.

That said though I had it an 8-4 score less than the Ugas judge at 117-111 which I think is too wide I also think the 116-112 Porter call is a little too wide as well. I don't think I'd be too upset with a Porter 115-113 or a 114-114 card this was a competitive and closely contested match. Clean effective punching I'd say its close Ring Generalship probably slight favor of Ugas he did command the center of the ring. Effective aggression I think thats a push. Neither guy was all that aggressive Defense, again I'd say a push. Porter did bob and weave and slip his fair shair and Ugas did use his length to make Porter come up short

JordanK2406 likes this.
  14. KO KIDD

Oct 5, 2009
    Dirrel vs Yildrin WBC 168

95-95 a draw

Dirrel: 1,5,7,9, and 10
    Yildrim: 2,3,4,6,and 8

I dont love my card in this fight

If you get a chance look up PBC's youtube upload with a running ticker on punch stat. It looks to be way off, multiple comments on it. They ran it at all times like the old Olympic scoreboard running tally. I found it a little distracting

I'll say Dirrel is talented but damn he fights like he is totally disinterested

JordanK2406 likes this.
  15. KO KIDD

Oct 5, 2009
    Mungia vs Hogan 154 WBO

Mungia: 3,5,7, and 12
    Hogan: 1,2,4,6,8,9,10,and 11

I found 8-11 not even close which is 4 rounds and Hogan was at worst level after 6 so there are 7 rounds right there

I didnt think this was even debatable

CST80 and JordanK2406 like this.