Scott Cardle - What next?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Guy Nicho, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Guy Nicho

Guy Nicho Member Full Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Does anybody think other than a routine comeback fight his career is going to continue as if he won on Saturday? Listening to Eddie after its business as usual, back with a win then looking to take a risk at European/World level.
    Looks to be similar to Eggington who continued as normal after falling short against Skeete

2. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Bradley skeete is better than Barrett.

Eggington has two good wins on his resume in gavin and paulie.
    Cardle struggles with fighters like sean dodd.

3. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    If Egg wins the euro title like I expect him to in his next fight then I hope he can either get a rematch with Skeete or face Khan

4. billo_billy

billo_billy Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2015
    I think your being optimistic. Cardle has been very lucky to get this far. Unlike eggington he isn't fan friendly, generally unlikable, and can't sell a ticket. I'd get rid of him if i was eddie.

Here's Johnny and PaddyGarcia like this.
  5. Guy Nicho

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm not saying this is how I think he should go just what I picked up from Eddie's interview. Prior to that I wasn't sure but as he stated at every opportunity he was bored at British level be a lot of pride swallowed to go back for it

6. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Fight Dodd again can't see any other fight for him.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  7. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Cardle is bang average and unlikeable....If I was Eddie I would chuck him in with Tommy Coyle..loser fcuks off stipulation

Here's Johnny and lepinthehood like this.
  8. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    I heard McDonald's are taking on.

9. Guy Nicho

Aug 1, 2016
    If Dodd wins Commonwealth the trilogy makes sense for Cardle, id be reluctant if I was Dodd to give him the fight

10. Last Half

Last Half New Member Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I quite like Scotty he's game for a fight I think he's always going to be undercard material though.

11. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    tommy coyle would beat him up i think

12. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Skeete won't get sactioned for European title as he held wbo European title.

13. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    He had a VERY east route to winning the Lonsdale belt routed out for him. He isn't that good at all, so I imagine he'll fight a can or two and then Hearn will risk him in a higher level fight. If he somehow wins, then good for them both but if he loses I expect Hearn to cut his losses

14. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I
    maybe eddie puts cardle in with dodd if he wins the cwealth but i reckon hell give dodd a couple of easier fights first.
    Cardle isnt going above british lvl imo. For whatever reason he doesnt seem to perform on the night, in comparison to how he spars. Thats been said by many a person. Now whever thats nerves, or he doesnt believe in himself or the fear of failure i dont know but until he deals with the issue he has hes reached his lvl imo.

15. bell1091

bell1091 New Member Full Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Use him to build up ticket seller Dodd's profile, stick him in with Dodd and make sure he loses on points, then get shot.