Scott Fitzgerald new interview

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Applecore, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Applecore

Applecore New Member banned Full Member

Mar 29, 2021
    [media]RLOylt_ezaI[/media]

Good to see he's still alive, and coming back in the ring

Britbox77, Furey and destruction like this.
  2. destruction

destruction Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Shouldnt he be looking at facing Sergio Garcia for the EBU super welterweight title?

He beat Cheeseman and Cheeseman lost to Garcia so it makes sense, and I think he would beat Garcia.

He could also look to face Julian Williams for 3 of the world belts once he has had his easy knock over warm up in May.

I think Fowler tonks him in a rematch. He should stay away from that unless the money is decent.

Scissors likes this.
  3. Herbert Lemon

Herbert Lemon New Member banned Full Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Trying to vary the posts up a bit, Little brian?

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  4. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Williams isn't a champ at 154 anymore. He lost his belts to Roasario, who then lost to Charlo, who now holds 3 belts, Williams had 2.

5. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I watched that yesterday, good but very short interview.

I have wondered, why the almost total media blackout from Scott? I know he had a final trial date at the start of December but when he was cleared of all the assault charges, and that whole ordeal was finally over why has he not given any proper, full length interviews all this time?

I'm sure IFL/Boxing Social would have both tried many times to get a interview with him. Maybe I'm wrong but I would have thought a longer interview would give him the chance to put his side of the story forward, and try to build some hype and interest in his return.

He's one of my favorite fighters but this super low key approach surely can't be helping him in terms of generating some interest and excitement for his comeback fights. He's been out of the ring 18 months after all...

Clarence Gianni likes this.
  6. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Gives some time for all that bad press to blow over while he quietly gets himself back in business.

im sparticus and Twentyman like this.
  7. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    WAR FITZY

Great to see him back! Does look rather heavy considering he's fighting in 4 weeks so assume it won't be at the LMW limit?

Good to hear that there is a plan in place for him, 2 fights in fairly quick succession and then a big one in October.

8. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    He's no doubt been more concerned about piecing his life together than worrying about giving Kugan 10 minutes of 'BRUTALLY HONEST' content.

9. Furious

Furious Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I have a feeling he's the type of person who needs to be a bit unhinged to show his best form. He seems pretty sensible and settled now. Sadly, after the time he's had recently I can't see him getting back to his best form.

It's such a shame because he's a lot more likeable than Fowler who I find utterly odious.

10. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! Always poor, never bored (IDLES) Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    2021 suddenly looks a whole lot brighter!

Welcome back Fitz!

roddy likes this.
  11. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    All Kugan would do anyway is ask him what he thinks of Fury v Joshua.

Guru88 likes this.
  12. roddy

roddy Member banned Full Member

Mar 1, 2021
    Hope he can get back to his best. One of my fave fighters.

ryanm8655 likes this.
  13. roddy

roddy Member banned Full Member

Mar 1, 2021
    He's the worst. Up there with Coldwell and Bellew.

Furious and Britbox77 like this.
  14. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Likewise. Personally think he can do better by skirting the domestic division. He did that while distracted. Personally see the Fowler fight as his groves degale moment, move beyond for me...

roddy likes this.