Scott Fitzgerald vs Ted Cheeseman

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by cornwall22, Oct 7, 2019.

Who will win?

1. Fitzgerald

57 vote(s)
    93.4%
  2. Cheeseman

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  1. vargasfan1985

vargasfan1985 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Luckily no. Think I lost 30 USD.

I did pick Ritson and Fitz outright but didn’t bet those.

2. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I had it a draw, though the rounds FItzy won were clearer for me so I suppose that's worth something when looking at this retrospectively.

I think because Cheeseman was fighting in a manner we aren't used to we perhaps gave him more credit than he actually deserved in some rounds.

3. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    I think the latter is true. I need to rewatch it but had Fitzgerald winning a close fight, he won at least 7 rounds for me. A lot of the rounds were close but those that weren’t Fitzgerald won.

Cheeseman showed another dimension though, if he does that in future he should have a longer and more successful career.

4. Boris Johnson

Boris Johnson Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2019
    I don't care to score fights on a round-by-round basis, but from my superficial observations I thought Cheeseman was thoroughly outboxing Fitz until the final three rounds where they began trading in exchanges, but even then I thought Cheeseman was still giving as good as he got.

Holler and Wizbit1013 like this.
  5. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    The weird thing is that is how he used to fight. Against Carson Jones he moved well and got the W. It's only his last few fights wherein he decided he wanted to be the new Sam Eggington.

Glad to see him back.

PaddyGarcia and Holler like this.