Scott Fitzgerald

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by iamthegreatest, Jul 15, 2021.

1. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    What this avoids is "Troubled boxer Scott Fitzgerald needed money for an MRI scan, and the boxing brotherhood ignored him"

If the lad goes off the rails again, it'd be too easy to blame others for not helping him. Then it becomes a he said/she said situation.

Instead, a few high profile boxers offer publicly "I will pay for your MRI". Making it clear he can get the scan he feels he needs. Making it clear he has support, and that he has responsibility for the next steps.

I'm very cynical about public displays of charity too. But there's times when people need to know a recipient has support, and imho this is one of them.

Sap1en likes this.
  2. red boy

red boy Member Full Member

May 16, 2011
    I am surprised Tommy Coyle hasn't got involved on the charity offering. He is notorious for advertising his charity efforts

3. N17

N17 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

Yeeeeaaaaahhh :rolleyes:

4. Plaistow

Plaistow New Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2019
    You are though, Hearn & Steve Wood paid for him to go Tony Adams’ rehab gaff, sorted him out digs in London, all out of their own pocket.

If Fitzgerald doesn’t grasp the magnitude of his issues, then how can anyone else sort that for him?

5. N17

N17 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    This Tony Adams?

N17 cam live reaction..

Patter9833 and thornpipe like this.
  6. Plaistow

Plaistow New Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2019
    Yes mate, can tell you’re a yid!