Scott Fitzgerald

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by iamthegreatest, Jul 15, 2021.

1. aaaaa

aaaaa Member Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Spot on. Our ‘prospects’ like Joe Cordina are 29/30, in America they’re winning world titles early 20’s.

The machine Anthony Fowler is 30 and hasn’t even fought a British title eliminator yet but somehow thinks he’ll be world champion.

2. Double J

Double J Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Been on sesh all of the Euros. Has been in the gym though as well.

September vs Brian Rose

3. im sparticus

im sparticus He's a good kid. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Brian is fighting Sergio Martinez

Journey Man likes this.
  4. EJC83

EJC83 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I love Sergio but what the hell is he trying achieve? He's done, he was glued together to try and fight Cotto and that was years ago.

im sparticus and Oneirokritis like this.
  5. im sparticus

im sparticus He's a good kid. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Agree. It's like a drug I suppose. Even tho you've been clean for a decade the res always that desire to go back.

EJC83 likes this.
  6. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    All Fowler ever seems to do these days is have 2 tune up fights a year. He seems to have been scared off a bit after losing to Fitzgerald.

aaaaa and iamthegreatest like this.
  7. iamthegreatest

iamthegreatest Member Full Member

May 4, 2020
    It's about time he fights someone on his level. I still can't believe he thought that guy that was slipping and sliding all over the place. Joke fight, one you wouldn't even take after 10 fights.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  8. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! Always poor, never bored (IDLES) Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Fowler is waiting for one pay day only hence his recent opponents.

He knows his card is marked.

aaaaa and Inglis_1 like this.
  9. aaaaa

aaaaa Member Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Makes me laugh when he tries convincing his Twitter followers how good his opponents are as soon as one of his fights gets announced. Absolute melt of the highest order.

Oreet Cha! likes this.
  10. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Fowler just turned pro far too late, and since then has had a strange and disappointing career.

I don't know how he makes 154 at age 30 as he is 5'11 and has quite a big frame, that's the one thing you have to give him credit for he must live like a monk to stay in shape which allows him to not have to cut like mad and keep some power and stamina for when he fights.

It's interesting and quite surprising that he always claims to make the weight comfortably though (and sounds convincing doing it).

I hope he fights Cheeseman this year, and then has some meaningful fights. He's been pro for 4 years and has had one proper fights that's after being a commonwealth gold medalist and an Olympian! At this stage, I'm sure he makes more money from his CBD business than he does from boxing, as he just fights journeymen. Has he ever even headlined a show? I think Smith vs Eggington was the main event when he fought Scott.

Journey Man likes this.
  11. aaaaa

aaaaa Member Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Makes weight because he does 8 runs a day and spars 2000 rounds a week as he regularly reminds his Instagram followers.

Re your last question, he headlined a card against Brian Rose in 2019 after the Fitz loss.

BXNG101 likes this.
  12. Oreet Cha!

Jul 18, 2018
    @Donald Donaldson @aaaaa

If you recall in the Fowler / Fitzgerald face off, Scott was pointing at the paste in the corners of Fowlers mouth suggesting that he was hydrating badly.

Fitz, irrespective of his out of the ring activities, beats Fowler again as he is too strong, better footwork, better punch selection and he mentally has Fowler in the palm of his hand.

As soon as Scott closes that hand, he wins. Fowler knows this. We know this. Some fighters, no matter what, simply have your number.

iamthegreatest and aaaaa like this.
  13. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    With his out of the ring activities, I doubt he will beat any half decent fighter

14. Oreet Cha!

Jul 18, 2018
    He beat Fowler, a very very confident Fowler (Within 5 Rounds lad said Fowler) at about 70%, remember Scott was sectioned for around 4 weeks in the run up to that fight.

I posted a thread in Aug 2018, a whole 8 months before the fight stating why Scott would win and about 90% of the people on here sided with Fowler. Post fight, that 90% switched.

Nothing changes my stance.

This content is protected

iamthegreatest likes this.
  15. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I know your loyalty to Fitz due to where you live mate, and we all prefer Fitz to Fowler don’t get me wrong, but saying he beats Fowler regardless is probably a little too blinkered. The first fight was very close and Fitz had a chance to go from strength to strength - he managed to get the Cheeseman win in a close one, but in reality he’s just messed about since then whereas Fowler trains like a dog for all his limitations.

Fitz needs a good year of solid training and building himself back up to stand a chance, else Fowler will just beat him on fitness and work rate alone.